Food/Diet help for the skinny kids - putting on size and protein suppliment suggestions

driftking

Wheel size expert
If you want to put on weight size you should be looking at lighter weights and less reps to begin with and eat 3 grams carbs and 3 grams protein per kilo of body weight. Google shortcut to size, his has complete training and nutrition information to put on weight, it uses something called micro cycles which will get you bigger and stronger. Good luck, 80% of the effort needed is in diet.
There is no short cut to size unless you take roids.
its about doing things the right way and effective way.
Size comes from good fuel, good workouts, enough rest and consistency. mix this with your age, sex, hormonal levels and genetics you will gain at the rate possible, people who gain faster and don't do drugs have a different body type, genetic and composition to you.

There is lots online about getting big quick or bulk up in 3 weeks etc its all crap, they are just ways to draw in people and make money. There are too many variables. You can put on a lot of weight as a new lifter and proper diet and exercise but there are limits to each individuals natural gains.

From my research most BB sites or so called "experts" suggest way too much protein and not enough carbs. You cant always use body weight either its more percentages of calories for instance If I eat 4000 calories a day and I use the typical 40-50% from protein which a lot of so called experts suggest im looking at 400-500 grams of protein, that is dangerously high. at 25% I'm still sitting at 250 which is high but Ill eat it.

Last edited:

Grenno

Cannon Fodder
Only take everything you hear with a grain of salt, what works for someone doesn't mean it will work for you. just because one food is good for someone doesnt mean its good for you. learn what your metabolic typing is, stick to lean meats, vegetables and fruits breakfast lunch and dinner but learn what suits your body. stay away from supplements unless they are good sources, cereal grains, wheat products. the longer the shelf life the worse it is, its got no life left in it. if you want to gain healthy weight then lifestyle and nutrition habits should be looked at and make resistant training a regular habit, but dont automatically think a gym and traditional bodybuilding. there alot more ways to gain strength, lean muscle while improving motor skills and being a lot more functional body. dont get me wrong, isolated exercises have there place, but if you isolate you must then integrate, your body works in movement patterns and is a system of systems, nothing works on its own. so just because someone can bench 100kg doesn't mean that they can carry that over to an upright position, because the body has not trained to apply force from its own base of support and center of gravity. using machines and benches takes away all bio-motor abilities.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Only take everything you hear with a grain of salt, what works for someone doesn't mean it will work for you. just because one food is good for someone doesnt mean its good for you. learn what your metabolic typing is, stick to lean meats, vegetables and fruits breakfast lunch and dinner but learn what suits your body. stay away from supplements unless they are good sources, cereal grains, wheat products. the longer the shelf life the worse it is, its got no life left in it. if you want to gain healthy weight then lifestyle and nutrition habits should be looked at and make resistant training a regular habit, but dont automatically think a gym and traditional bodybuilding. there alot more ways to gain strength, lean muscle while improving motor skills and being a lot more functional body. dont get me wrong, isolated exercises have there place, but if you isolate you must then integrate, your body works in movement patterns and is a system of systems, nothing works on its own. so just because someone can bench 100kg doesn't mean that they can carry that over to an upright position, because the body has not trained to apply force from its own base of support and center of gravity. using machines and benches takes away all bio-motor abilities.
This reminded me of something, if you do bench consider alternating too by benching with dumbbells and bars. the dumbbells are much more practical and tend to engage your stability and core muscles to a higher degree. Although using the bar is still important as well. Isolation is great if used in conjunction with compound. isolation are good for different stimulation and fixing weaknesses. for instance we don't pedal two legs at a time so a leg press while helpful wont translate over like a pistol squat or Bulgarian split squats etc. its important to train lots of ways but always include as close as possible to sport specific movements.

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
Rock Climbing!

Hey, noticed ur in Canberra and ur saying it's boooooring.

1st thought that came to my mind was "black ranges" granite bouldering ACT.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dukX9neTCI[/video]

Good things about bouldering/climbing include.

* Fun way to put on lean muscle!
* Can be social or solo (similar to riding)
* Great excuse to get outdoors, and if u throw the bike in can spend half a day riding working legs and cardio, and half a day bouldering smashing the arms, shoulders, back & core.
* Bonus is that alot of climbing spots are near riding spots such as Wingello, Stromlo...
* Climbing really pumps up your forearms, which I often get positive comments about (Im a light weight myself).
* skinny kids can rock the climbing world - [video]youtu.be/xVis7R36vGI?t=50s[/video]

www.canberraclimbing.org.au/

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hey, noticed ur in Canberra and ur saying it's boooooring.

1st thought that came to my mind was "black ranges" granite bouldering ACT.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dukX9neTCI[/video]

Good things about bouldering/climbing include.

* Fun way to put on lean muscle!
* Can be social or solo (similar to riding)
* Great excuse to get outdoors, and if u throw the bike in can spend half a day riding working legs and cardio, and half a day bouldering smashing the arms, shoulders, back & core.
* Bonus is that alot of climbing spots are near riding spots such as Wingello, Stromlo...
* Climbing really pumps up your forearms, which I often get positive comments about (Im a light weight myself).
* skinny kids can rock the climbing world - skip to 50seconds past all the ads [video]http://http://youtu.be/xVis7R36vGI[/video]
Not to mention the ridiculous grip/finger/hand strength it gives you.

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
Bulk Nutrients or Bioflex Nutrition

As for supplements...

www.bulknutrients.com.au/
www.bioflexnutrition.com.au/

These help me to train harder, recover faster and put on muscle quicker.

Ive been using prework, creatine & recoveryX supplements for 2 years now, and the results only reflect your efforts etc. They help fuel and build your muscles, you still need to put the work in to get the results.

I find the prework out helps motivation, gets me focused and fired up for an intense session.
RecoveryX is my protein drink and it helps build muscle faster, and helps bounce back from tough session(s) throughout the day.

Peace!

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for your replies guys, really glad i started this thread and hope others get use from it.

im still currently 5kg heavier than i was 2 months ago and can obviously lift more, and am increasing weights every week which is good. keen to put on another 5kg but think that will take some time. Dont think i look physically different, but that weights gotta go somewhere right?

re supliments. i currently have a protein/creatine shake in the morning with berries/milk/oats on off days and a protein shake in the arvo. on trainng days i go to the gym before work and have the creatine/protein just in water while i train and just protein with water in the arvo. this is cool right?

re the rockclimbing...did i say canberra is boring? i like it here! but yeah, that site looks great, are you into it? ill have to tag along sometime?

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
Yeah ur locations says ur "back in boring cannnnberrra!".

And yeah, Ive been a natural born climber for a long time.

Im from Sydney, but hoping to make it to cannnnberrra soonish for biking & bouldering.

Prob easiest if u find some local climbers to head out with, but I will give u a yell if Im heading down.