Help me find a fork - 37mm offset 140/150mm

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't say I've ever ridden a 37mm offset fork. However one of my rides is designed for a 51mm offset, and I have ridden both a 51mm and a 44mm on it (currently has the 44), and I'll be buggered if I can tell the difference.
Yeah as I said this was a mates experience not mine but he was definitely talking about it all the time and he definitely loves it now.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Upshot it seems is YMMV...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It depends a bit on the fit of the bike. If it's really long and slack (on the extremes of your sizing range) the longer fork offset may feel a little worse as it'll be a little more prone to 'understeer' (realistically harder to weight the front), but it's still not a massive difference - it's just exagerrating a bike fit issue. I really look it as options for how "quick"/responsive you want your steering to feel. Longer fork offset is more reactive but marginally less stable mid-corner, short fork offset feels slower to react but is more calm mid-corner. But yeah, stem length choice, bike sizing, and riding position will have more effect than just fork offset. Ride it and see, but I'm sure it'll be fine...

PJO

in me vL comy
Im also committing a mortal sin and putting a non-boost fork on a boost frame. I'm sure ill go to hell for such a transgression, but tightarsery takes precedence :)
Yep doing the same.
"Makes it go faster because of less boosted frontal area at the front thingy."
Look at my narketting speach go...

Haakon

Damn, what a ball ache find decent wide rimmed wheels in 15x100... Grrr.

This is looking tempting to change the order too. https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...st-lo-r-pcs-15qlc-27-5?variant=32170253746270

Even worse thought at 51m offset, but at least it means i can find a decent wheelset that adheres to the tightarse build, the shimano MT620 look ok. Ive shimano wheels before and theyre strong enough, just a pain dealing with loose ball bearings.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

This is looking tempting to change the order too. https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...st-lo-r-pcs-15qlc-27-5?variant=32170253746270

Even worse thought at 51m offset, but at least it means i can find a decent wheelset that adheres to the tightarse build, the shimano MT620 look ok. Ive shimano wheels before and theyre strong enough, just a pain dealing with loose ball bearings.

No good for you?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

51mm on a 27.5" fork, yeah nah... o_O

Haakon

51mm on a 27.5" fork, yeah nah... o_O
Yep, saw that later. That would have to be stretching the friendship. Shame I wasn’t paying attention a couple of weeks ago when the durolux was still available.

Screw it, I think I should jsut borrow the fox from the trance until something “correct” turns up.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Im also committing a mortal sin and putting a non-boost fork on a boost frame. I'm sure ill go to hell for such a transgression, but tightarsery takes precedence :)
What about boost front, non boost rear? What will happen to me??? o_O