Help me scambait someone!

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
So, I have a Macbook advertised on the Brisbane Craigslist that is clearly pickup only.

And I got an email from Queen Racheal:
I am from Belgium and I'm shipping to my fiancee who went on a contract to West African (Nigeria).

I will prefer the payment via PayPal and the shipping through FedEx or EMS.

Kindly get back to me with the total cost of the item and the shipping.

Waiting to hear from you soonest.

Note: all the money should be calculated in EUR

Thanks.

Regards.
Any ideas about what I should say/do?

For reference check out the p-p-powerbook.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's lots of variables. Feign interest and see what happens, keep us posted, it'll be fun..

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They ask for PayPal because the insurance covers them. They pay, then say the item didn't arrive, then PayPal refunds them and tears your a new a**hole.

Hard to bait them, you could ask for payment via Western Union and see what they say...

Or just ignore them - which would be easier - Nigerians have A LOT of spare time... And will string you along more than you could be bothered. Their other options are to go sit in the sun, or rob somebody... So sitting at the computer baiting you back all of a sudden become a good option.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
They ask for PayPal because the insurance covers them. They pay, then say the item didn't arrive, then PayPal refunds them and tears your a new a**hole.

Hard to bait them, you could ask for payment via Western Union and see what they say...

Or just ignore them - which would be easier - Nigerians have A LOT of spare time... And will string you along more than you could be bothered. Their other options are to go sit in the sun, or rob somebody... So sitting at the computer baiting you back all of a sudden become a good option.
I don't currently have a credit card or bank account linked to Paypal though... is there anything Paypal can do to me in this setting?

smeck

Likes Dirt
http://www.419eater.com/index.php

These guys are serious about scam baiting. The trophy room has pictured of scammers that have gotten tatoos to prove their committment, that's how good some of them are at building the scam. They do photoshop payment receipts and various other ways of stringing them out, send through a transaction number one digit short. Take note of some of the warnings, this is business for these guys.

Last edited:

childsy

Squid
Mate I think your flirting with danger, it sounds alot like a scam. If I was in your shoes I would give it a miss and play the waiting game.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
http://www.419eater.com/index.php

These guys are serious about scam baiting. The trophy room has pictured of scammers that have gotten tatoos to prove their committment, that's how good some of them are at building the scam. They do photoshop payment receipts and various other ways of stringing them out, send through a transaction number one digit short. Take note of some of the warnings, this is business for these guys.
Thanks, I'll check that site out a bit after work.

Mate I think your flirting with danger, it sounds alot like a scam.
Well fuckin DUH!

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
Firstly I would Google the scammers email or username and maybe dig up some more dirt on them.

floody

Wheel size expert
What a lot of pointless bother. I'm not sure if these scam crusaders shit me more or only slightly less than the scammers.

Just refuse to do the transaction and move on with your life?

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
What a lot of pointless bother. I'm not sure if these scam crusaders shit me more or only slightly less than the scammers.

Just refuse to do the transaction and move on with your life?

For some reason I can't help but relate this back to evolution.

If you're stupid enough to get scammed then get the fuck off the net!

Ah god, the pppppppower book, I was on SA when this shit was going down. Classic in it's own kind of way. Let's call it e-justice!

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Mate I think your flirting with danger, it sounds alot like a scam. If I was in your shoes I would give it a miss and play the waiting game.
Amazing insight you have young Jedi.

The duh is strong with you.