Help me....... (Wheel Q)

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Today I pretty much f*cked my hub up, underotated a 360, and my rear wheel took all the impact. Now the hub makes a crunchy sound, has loads of play (only thing stopping it frome having more play is the frame), and slips alot. I think it would not be worth sourcing replacment parts for such a low-grade hub. (Tuffneck flip-flop.) So I am going to somehow get the cash to buy a new wheel.

Rear Wheel:

- Odyssey 7-KA Rim in Chrome.
- Odyssey Hazard Lite Cassette Hub with 11t driver.
- Primo Forged spokes.

New Sprocket (To compensate for the 11t driver):

- Tree Bicycles Co. 30t

On my cranks, (stocko haro r-pro) is the spindle size 22m or 19mm?? Because the tree is 22mm.

What I'm asking is your advice on these parts. Are there any problems, or factory recalls on these parts?? Could I go with a better set-up in this range?? Any compatability issues with my bike (Down there)??

Sorry for all the questions, just wat to make sure that my money is well spent.

Cheers,

Will

Last edited:

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
your cranks are 19mm. but your tree sprocket should come with an adapter to change it to 19mm anyways. if not, im sure your bike shop will have some lying around.

its a good wheel choice. odyssey hazard cassette are common, because they work. i find primo spokes probably the best spokes to run. after first build, they will loosen up quickly. get them all trued, and they will stay tight for quite a while.

as for a better setup, you could probably get a profile with 7ka off empire or danscomp pretty cheap, but the choice you have will last you

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm already buying overseas, and can't spend over $400 (aus).

Are Coalition hubs any good??

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks fo the help sk8ing_member and melbourne_rider, I have decided to go with a 7-Ka laced to a Coalition with Primo Spokes. I also got a 30t Odsy Vermont Sprocket, and Some JC's.

Here is the pic of my wheel that Empire sent me:

Too Bad it's in America :(