Help needed!

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

i Just bought a new seat (shadow conspiracy slim BMX) and due to my current seatpost i cannot get it as low (or slammed) as i want it to be (pics below) , also i cannot tilt it back as much as i want to either (cant get it further back than 90 degrees).

So,

Is there a seatpost out there that is suited to dirt jumping or street that will keep my seat low and tilted that is not overly pricey??
(my seatpost diameter is 30.9)

thanks in advance

Attachments

that sucks :S

geez dude, thats pretty bad ay. i hate having an uncomfortable seat or if i jump on a different or new bike how the seats aren't set the same. i haven't adjusted my seat in ages :) well ill look around for ya and try find something

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
thanks, is 30.9 a common diameter for a seatpost?? because i was having a look around CRC for a seatpost similar to the deity tibia post and came across the funn V2, its perfrct design and comes in about 6 or 7 diameters and not one of them was 30.9, is 30.9 JUST for STPS?

H

>Henry

Have you tried tightening the rear allen key bolt more than the front one to achieve the desired angle? Also Slamming your seatpost isn't really that great I believe, I run my seat approximately 14cm from seatclamp to the top of the seat. I find for me running it at that hieght is great for clearance while jumping and good for pedalling while sitting down.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
thanks, is 30.9 a common diameter for a seatpost?? because i was having a look around CRC for a seatpost similar to the deity tibia post and came across the funn V2, its perfrct design and comes in about 6 or 7 diameters and not one of them was 30.9, is 30.9 JUST for STPS?
If it's the wrong diameter you could get a seat post shim, which is just a spacer you stick in the frame to make the seat post fit. Shouldn't be too expensive.

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Have you tried tightening the rear allen key bolt more than the front one to achieve the desired angle? Also Slamming your seatpost isn't really that great I believe, I run my seat approximately 14cm from seatclamp to the top of the seat. I find for me running it at that hieght is great for clearance while jumping and good for pedalling while sitting down.
Actually, on my current post, i only have one allan key bolt, (i havnt lost the other one or anything) it was just a one bolt design

And i have been looking around at shims to but 30.9 is not common in them either, only found one of that diameter,

flyracing

Likes Dirt
If its the EA30 that comes stock on the STP put the seat on the other way round so the bolt is at the front. should tilt back a bit more.

EDIT: I don't think its an Eastern seatpost but try what I said before.

Last edited:

tidlibitz

Likes Dirt
whay not just check out you lbs
have a look for one tha can tilt it back and get them to order on in in 30.9mm
alos if you want it lower take your seat/post ot and seatclamp off and measur the hight of the seatclamp say its 10mm so measur 15mm from the bottom of the seat tube and cut with hacksaw/angle grinder. clean up with a fine file and replace seat/post and seatclamp

markfak

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,

Yeah you can get some bmx seat posts that will basically slam your seat onto the frame. Not sure where your at but try ABC Bikes in liverpool if your in sydney.

Also you could do what alot of the bmx's are doing and cable tie your seat onto your top tube and get rid of the seat post! (that's if you don't really need your balls in the future of course) ;)

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
If its the EA30 that comes stock on the STP put the seat on the other way round so the bolt is at the front. should tilt back a bit more.

EDIT: I don't think its an Eastern seatpost but try what I said before.
Yes, it is the EA30 and yes i did try that, but it dosnt seem as strong as i slipped back landed on the back of the seat and the bolt fell through, so i tightened it back up, same thing, so i have it runing normaly now, just now low or tilted

zane 2229

Likes Dirt
ok no need for a seat post, ive got a shadow slim seat on an 08 stp 2, all you need to do is spin the seat post around and re clamp the seat.

it gives more than enough tilt.

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
ok no need for a seat post, ive got a shadow slim seat on an 08 stp 2, all you need to do is spin the seat post around and re clamp the seat.

it gives more than enough tilt.
Yeah, i did that BUT, for some reason it didnt seem strong enough as i landed on the back of the seat abd it came loose as i said before so, im not sure