Help wanted - 2013 revelation World Cup air guide

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Does anyone have a set of 2013 REV WC dual position air with the air guide printed on them? My fork has a set of '12 20mm lowers with no sticker on them and want to do some experimenting with my setup. Just keen to see the recommended pressure for my weight and go from there as I've been struggling to get them dialed in with 30% sag for my 65kg geared weight.

Currently running 90psi with 5 clicks of LSC but never go past 125mm of the travel even on big hits

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Will the WC be different from rct3, rlt, RL etc? On that point, I've never used the guides on any of mine, I only go by feel/trial and error. Apart from the pikes, I have never got my newer solo air RS forks to feel as good as older dual air sets.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Will the WC be different from rct3, rlt, RL etc? On that point, I've never used the guides on any of mine, I only go by feel/trial and error. Apart from the pikes, I have never got my newer solo air RS forks to feel as good as older dual air sets.
I don't think it would be different but just wanted to be sure of where to start. I was running 100psi until a mate asked me why I always had 30mm of travel left after rides unless I did some really big or awkward hits. I suppose I like the solid feel but at that pressure I only get around 20mm of sag. But if I run lower than that to get 30% or so the front end feels too low when riding (around mid fork travel while riding)

Got to agree on the dual air thing, setup was easy and predictable... But these forks feel much better even in the current state.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
This is from a 2012 Rev rlt ti 130-150mm.View attachment 316015
Cheers bloke!

Seems to match the figures of the 2015 model I found on the sram site so I doubt my year would be any different.

That said there's no way I can run 110psi. At that level I get less than 10mm of sag.

Flow Rider, if you don't mind me asking, what's your weight & settings? How do you find the fork performs for you?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Try changing the air spring chamber volume by pouring a bit more oil in (or replacing the top cap with a new one that allows you to fit volume-adjusting tokens). The smaller volume will allow you to reduce the pressure to get sag right, but will ramp a bit harder deeper in the stroke so you don't blow through & bottom out too soon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cheers bloke!

Flow Rider, if you don't mind me asking, what's your weight & settings? How do you find the fork performs for you?
I have the opposite problem to you.

I'm about 82kg with my camel back on and run about 160psi but I changed the oil in the dampener side from 5wt to 10wt so I could go to 160psi otherwise I would blow through all of the travel on large jumps. I tried running on about 200psi with 5wt oil but the shock was too harsh and stiff on long rides. I normally run it on the softest setting for trails but run it the second hardest for downhills with large jumps.