so which one is right?

• de hipster

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • deBoot

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

clockworked

Like an orange
So I'm trying to decide on some new shoes.
I would usually go for something utilitarian and reliable, but I'm considering changing it up for something cool. I am worried I'll look like an insufferable twat if i get something too hip though.
Here's the two options, based on your experience over the years with these two options over the years which one do you think is a calmer, more reasonable option?

This is the newer, more fashionable option

And this is the blundstone boot

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can’t trust a man who trousers don’t cover ankles ....sorry green shoes waaaaaaay toooo metro .

Have a look loo at some Ecco Shoes , can get utility and still not be toooo unfashionable .
I am an old fat karnt and wear the Track 5 - I’m up to maybe my 3rd pair in 12 years .... leather , goretex lined , nice grippy sole etc - didn’t kill any unicorns or sky fairies in the manufacture of said shoe .

I also have some Duckfeet shoes ( Boots ) super comfy and A bit stylish . But not really hip .

Otherwise the Blundstone will do the job .
Oliver do a good / nice boot also .
Wanna get fancy - try an R M Williams I bought a pair when I was 21 , still have em !

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
RM Williams can get dressed up and down, depending on your shine ... where the Blundstone are pure work and run abouts, but works well with shorts or Trackies as an added bonus. I’m also considering both. Saw some crazy prices on FB for RM Williams a little while ago.

green shoes I reckon won’t get used any where near as often.

or there are these

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I really want some RM Williams. We just bought my dad a set for his 70th. Luckily we’re the same size shoe;)

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's all about you and the paths you walk and the people you walk those paths with!

Do you really need all that ankle coverage of the boot and it's heavy duty sole, if let's face it you aren't walking the heavy duty track you are walking the nice even foothpath or the occassional exposed aggregate driveway.

Do you need all that extra cushioning of the boot?

Having said that you are probably just doing a lot of showboating in those green or are they Turq shoes?

Seems to me you probably just need some of these

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've made this joke too obscure
I got you poll joke in the secret ‘boring’ thread title that no party pooping mod would even think to enter

Quality.

Hipster footwear does tend to run a bit short, from what I hear.

Boots just stomp anything, but seemingly get worn out after a day or so without attention.

clockworked

Like an orange
Moved to hobart, bought property and likely displaced some deserving local in an inflated market, bought a dental practice, bought a new bike that is way more capable than i am. Livin that lizard life!

binner

Hath shat hymself
Depends what time of day you get in! I'll be heading back to hobart on the 8th in the afternoon. Lemme know if you need a guide around hobart too!
ohhh snap, ill be picking up campervan in Hobart on 8th and wanted to do a day around Ohhbart on 8th then off to Mersey the following then over to Derby ...will defs give you a "ahoy"

oops i mean 8th n 9th in ohhbart