Herald Suntour 2017 final stage

scribbleswood

Cannon Fodder
Does anyone know the true reason why the final stage in next year’s Herald Suntour is no longer at Arthur’s Seat? Did the skylight company really object?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
You've been waiting 5 yrs to make your first post ! Hope you get an answer. What skylight company ?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Chairlift company, and yes they did crack the shits about it blocking "their" parking and "their" road. They"ll be pushing to survive a year if they don't open their eyes to what's going on around them.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Yep, but try telling them that. Not to mention the fact that MTBers, who are currently unwelcome, would almost certainly provide sufficient traffic to keep them afloat during the quiet times of the year.....

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yep, but try telling them that. Not to mention the fact that MTBers, who are currently unwelcome, would almost certainly provide sufficient traffic to keep them afloat during the quiet times of the year.....
I always thought MTB was part of their overall plan?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
You'd think any revenue would be seen aa beneficial. Even in Whistler where they have a chair never an issue with sharing gondola.... why they think it would be any different is beyond me.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I always thought MTB was part of their overall plan?
Nup. Red Hill Riders have been pushing them for MTB access from day dot because we want to increase the trail network in that corridor, but no headway with them so far. :frusty:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Nup. Red Hill Riders have been pushing them for MTB access from day dot because we want to increase the trail network in that corridor, but no headway with them so far. :frusty:
Let's see how they feel in a year or so. I know there are loads more people visiting down that way than when I was a kid, but Feb to Dec 2017 will be interesting. Would be curious to see their customer projections over that period versus Dec/Jan.