Hey Hey My My

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Documented this awesome little trail loop for anyone thinking of heading out into the Yarra Valley.

Located in the hills behind Wesburn, down the Warburton Hwy east of Melbourne.
Hey Hey My My is a Mountainbike loop best described as an 'All Mountain' trail. But could also be riden on an XC bike taking consideration of some of the black lines. Blue lines exist also.

The full loop is approximately 4.6km long and consists of a challenging climb of 2.5km at an average 6.2% gradient. The climb is technically challenging due to its off camber nature with numerous steep switchbacks and really gets the lungs working. Average climb will take around 25 - 35 minutes.

This is followed by a awesome 1.6km descent at an average -9.3%, with very well designed features including drops, gap jumps, rock gardens, steep tight sections and flat out fast smooth sections. Parts of the trail fork off to either black diamond or blue options and has bypasses to all major features. Full descent likely takes around 5 - 10 minutes depending on skill level.

Hope you enjoy the video, get out there and enjoy the trail.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...rock and roll will never die.

Opening jump looked sweet. Trail seems to have a lot of kickers without landers. Are they relying on the natural gradient of the trail to supply a suitable landing?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only one real kicker to flat, but yeah hard to tell in the video but a lot if it is very steep.
Couple of kickers to natural steep landing, but most of the bigger gaps have full landers.

The kicker in the opening is one of my favourite features ever. Kicker to flat if you are going slow or take it as fast as you dare for a landing deep on the entry to a steep gulley before a g-out through the bottom and flying up the other side.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Only one real kicker to flat, but yeah hard to tell in the video but a lot if it is very steep.
Couple of kickers to natural steep landing, but most of the bigger gaps have full landers.

The kicker in the opening is one of my favourite features ever. Kicker to flat if you are going slow or take it as fast as you dare for a landing deep on the entry to a steep gulley before a g-out through the bottom and flying up the other side.
Very nice. One of my favourite local trails has a similar step down into a Gully. After the g-out you can get some banging pop out the other side.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
...rock and roll will never die.

Opening jump looked sweet. Trail seems to have a lot of kickers without landers. Are they relying on the natural gradient of the trail to supply a suitable landing?
Not necessarily a bad thing. As The Boy found out the hard way a while back, a poorly-made lander is worse than no lander at all.