Hi all from cairns

smegoal

Squid
I have been riding for about a year starting of with 2 afternoons a week doing laps of smith-field and a family ride most week ends. But since trying some of the tracks that come down from copperload I am finding I rarely go all the way out to smith-field when I'm not with the family. I'm finding the tracks I seem to prefer are the rooty/rocky technical stuff. Over the last 2 weeks my brother has been in town so we have been trying to tick off as many track as we can with glacier rock and kuranda being the highlights.

I currently ride a xl alu norco sight which has been a excellent bike and has done every thing i have asked of it with out issue. The only time it has crossed my mind that I would have liked to be on a bigger bike was on kuranda. I'm not really interested in big jumps or going warp speeds but it would be fun..... I'm toying with the idea of buying a older 26" dh bike to try ride once a month or so and keeping my norco for during the week and family rides.

One of my work mate has offered to let me have a go on his dh bike so I'll see how that goes.
Any advice would be appreciated.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
G'Day,

I got back in mtn bikes a couple of years ago...and I'm friggin' loving it.

They say it's more addictive than cocaine & twice as expensive. I can tell you that both counts are true!

EdMan

Squid
I've been in Cairns for a few years and still haven't hit some of those tracks :) It is certainly a good scene up here. I mean, how good were the World Champs?! :D