Hi from Jervis Bay

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Hello all, great site this, has been a great resource for me as I have been getting into the sport this past 10 months or so.

I bought a Giant STP 2 to ride with my kids as they are learning to ride and thought I would try it out in the local bush. Now I'm hooked! I can now be found haunting the fire trails around Jervis bay a few times a week. I occasionally ride with the kids too.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting involved it this forum and contributing where I can.

Paul.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello all, great site this, has been a great resource for me as I have been getting into the sport this past 10 months or so.

I bought a Giant STP 2 to ride with my kids as they are learning to ride and thought I would try it out in the local bush. Now I'm hooked! I can now be found haunting the fire trails around Jervis bay a few times a week. I occasionally ride with the kids too.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting involved it this forum and contributing where I can.

Paul.
Have you checked out the single track along and at the end of Forest Rd?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
As Swaz said, take your bikes out to the SCUM trails south of Nowra.

The one pictured here is a nice introduction to mtb, nothing too technical and a lot more fun than fire trails.

http://www.scum.asn.au

Take the dirt road in and park near the X on the map. The track starts near some trail signage and initially heads back in the direction you drove in.

It's pretty easy to find your way around.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks swaz and Tubbsy, a mate and I went and checked out Superbowl last week. It was a blast compared to the washed out fire trails that I am used to. We are hoping to ride Butterfly next Tuesday.
Those SCUM have done a great job on those tracks. I will have to join up and help out with maintenance at some stage.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are the trails down there at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I was down there for the long weekend, and didn't bother to take the bike.

Fire trails in the area were very soggy, and there was some sort of moto-mudfest on so I'd be surprised if the mtb trails are great at the moment.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was down there for the long weekend, and didn't bother to take the bike.

Fire trails in the area were very soggy, and there was some sort of moto-mudfest on so I'd be surprised if the mtb trails are great at the moment.
Oh great! Thanks for the update though.