Hi - from Melbourne

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
Let me introduce myself.
Im a 48 year old, father of two young children – been married 14 years.
Always been into sport, fitness, and working out 5 days a week.
In my younger days, I was more into road cycling, going for rides with mates, but nothing too serious. Had a mountain bike, but didn’t really use it much, so I sold it.
I was living at home, single, stacks of spare time, but as usual, cycling took a backward step – my main passion was cars, and chasing women at over 28’s nightclubs.
Was buying car magazines, street machine books – spending money on modifying V8 commodores, etc
Then one day I got married – and as most married men know, it changes your whole life around.
Gone were the days of spending money on cars and chasing women! Mortgage to pay off, bills to pay, then kids come around, which meant school fees, no spare time for the things I liked doing, nagging (at times ) wife!
I was still buying heaps of car books, but mainly just to look and drool at – this was getting me rather depressed I must admit – as something I enjoyed doing in the past, was exactly just that – all in the past!
Was getting cranky at wife and kids all the time because of me lamenting the past (if you know what I mean).
Anyway, I knew things had to change, for sake of my headspace and family. Decided to pursue my other long lost passion – cycling…
Few guys at work are keen cyclists, so asking them for advice / opinions – got myself high end road bike – loved it.
Beach Rd every Sunday morning, cycling to work, etc.
Ive also had a liking to mountain biking – so I got myself a proper dually 2 years ago – feeling you get when youre riding offroad, clean air, its amazing.
Not really into technical, downhill scary stuff.
For people in Melbourne, most of my riding is along yarra mtb trails, hans loop – did Gembrook Gran Fondo 70km last year – absolutely loved it!!!!
So now ive swapped my car magazines for bike magazines – at least 99% of the stuff I read about I can afford to buy – compared to 1% in car magazines!
Cycling has saved me mentally, and keeps me super fit – im happy now, so is family.

moorey

call me Mia
You’re me!
Well, first few lines and last few lines.
Welcome, mate.

Edit, you said super fit, not super fat. Doh.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
Welcome aboard! Where are these mutton filled cougar bars I'm supposed to hit up?
LOL - Back in my single days, we used to hit Caseys Over 35's every Thursday night, or Mitzis hotel in Brighton.
In the late 90's, The Venue in Doncaster was the place to be...
How I miss those days....

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Some people have better things to do than sit on here on a fine sunny day while on leave.

Not me. But some people.
Fuck those guys. Sydney weather is shit and my nice little physiologist session to reassess where I’m at with my rehab in regards to work has fucked me sideways so here I lay, scrolling RB on the floor.

Does this mean I get to e-bike now?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok...so @Ultra Lord and I are coming to mwlobourne for these cougars and somehow this helps his rehab. I'll play that bit by ear if his wife rings. Going to need a driver. They need to either be really cool or really dorky. Either works I'm not fussy. I know a seedy motel we can use.

Ultra Lord

Ok...so @Ultra Lord and I are coming to mwlobourne for these cougars and somehow this helps his rehab. I'll play that bit by ear if his wife rings. Going to need a driver. They need to either be really cool or really dorky. Either works I'm not fussy. I know a seedy motel we can use.
I vote scblack, theres gotta be some good financial rants backed up in that noggin of his just waiting to blurt out.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
I hope my wife is not reading this thread, all this talk about cougars and past conquests.
So whats the male equivalent term for a cougar? For us guys in our late 40's, early 50's...

Pics of my bikes.
Norco Optic A9.1
Short travel, 120mm front, 110 rear.
Geometry is half way between XC and trail bike. Was thinking of getting full-on XC bike, but too one dimensional.
Only changes are Ergon grips, Specialized seat, and Bontrager XR4 2.4" tyres.
20180927_075601.jpg
20180927_075555.jpg

My 'Beach Rd' bike is a Malvern Star - had it 6 years, hasnt missed a beat.

Ultra Lord

Oooooooo good choice on the optic, nice fast trail bike that can handle a little extra than a dedicated xc rig.

Now are they silver fox’s? Sugar daddy’s? Cradle snatcher’s? I think it’s dependant on if you look more like a Clooney or Weinstein. The standards are abit stricter for dudes I reckon, it’s alot easier to look like a creeper.

Us few millenials here don’t have to deal with that problem thankfully, we just need to figure out an avocado to housing ratio that works.