Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Damn... looks like HiBike is out !

Will have to move the order over to Bike24 as they have no mention of extra charges.

Reply from Hibike.
Thank you for your e-mail to HIBIKE.
Yes, we can ship again but only under these conditions:
Australia:
At this time, transport capacities to Australia are substantially reduced. As such, special measures are required to maintain the shipping of letters and parcels.
Business customers/contract customers: DHL Paket International items can still be sent until further notice. Please note that an international crisis surcharge of EUR 3.60 per kilogram (or part thereof) will be applied to each parcel.
I then asked:
Where is the surcharge applied ? Do I pay it to you or when it arrives in Australia ?
Hibike got back just now with:
Thank you for your e-mail to HIBIKE.
You would have to pay it to us, and on top of the shipping costs displayed in webshop

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Damn... looks like HiBike is out !

Will have to move the order over to Bike24 as they have no mention of extra charges.

Reply from Hibike.

I then asked:

Hibike got back just now with:
3.6 euros per kg or part thereof additional shipping fee fee...plus extra currency conversion fees? Shopping locally is starting to make sense...

ozzybmx

Wouldn't be too bad it it was a few massively discounted lightweight items but then they send it in a 5kg box :rolleyes:

Get a 28° Credit card, Ive been using one for years, no international transaction or currency conversion fees. Pay by PayPal in euros and let the CC company do the conversion and transaction for free.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Airfreight out of Germany seems highly reliant on unused cargo space on passenger flights. With almost no passenger flights there's very little air freight capacity. I had a letter arrive today from Germany that was posted on 31 March. UPS are running some of their commercial cargo planes out of Germany but the freight price is close to double what it was. Pretty hopeless situation getting stuff out of the world's second largest exporter.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Airfreight everywhere is a disaster.

With all the a380’s are grounded, nothing big can be flown either.

The world will in time return to sea freight if flights don’t resume. USPS sent via sea all the European air freight that couldn’t find a flight, starting in April. It’s probably going to happen more. USPS has suspended all economy air mail services.

The irony, that while posting this I’ve lost a 40ft container somewhere between Canada and melbourne stings a little.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Haven’t looked but can you guys get free post from Germany to the UK and then use a freight forwarder? I’ve had a few things come from the UK in the last few months of COVID no worries, and nothing longer than a week with DHL. Obviously you won’t get the VAT discount if you do it that way, so depends on how cheap what you’re buying is.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Sure is getting complicated. Or you know they could actually supply parts here instead of geoblocking.
Does make you wonder though... if Aus LBS / distro's can't get stock due to transport issues, maybe the two 'S's should stop geoblocking for a year or so and allow people to buy their stuff from wherever they can get it from. More revenue for them, and local suppliers don't miss out because they can't get the stuff to sell it to us anyway (that's probably an ill-informed generalisation).

K.C.

Likes Dirt
anyone bought shimano from 007bikestore on aliexpress?
look like they comes in bubble wrap and scrapped cardbox pieces, but very satisfied customer reviews

ozzybmx

Airfreight everywhere is a disaster.
Must be ok for some !

Big surprise, its near tax time cut off, every couple of years I buy a new pair of sunnies, ordered a pair yesterday at 13:30, postie just knocked the door and handed them to me ~11:30.

22hrs from Maui Jim Sydney to my door :oops: wasn't expecting those for a week or two.

EDIT: It was that fast, I have only just seen the tracking email

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
look like they comes in bubble wrap and scrapped cardbox pieces, but very satisfied customer reviews
203mm IceTech rotor + PM adapter, came looking as genuinely wrapped and new as anything i've bought locally. Was a good 4-5 weeks for it to arrive though.

teK--

Eats Squid
Anything available via the Chinese sellers in eBay? Just picked up some Shimano XT goodies shipped via "Speedpack" which looks to be a consolidated freight service. Got here in 10 days via Auspost .... The estimate was 4-6 weeks so it was a bit of a shock.

teK--

Eats Squid
Must be ok for some !

Big surprise, its near tax time cut off, every couple of years I buy a new pair of sunnies, ordered a pair yesterday at 13:30, postie just knocked the door and handed them to me ~11:30.

22hrs from Maui Jim Sydney to my door :oops: wasn't expecting those for a week or two.

EDIT: It was that fast, I have only just seen the tracking email

View attachment 364393
Since about a month ago Auspost have really picked up their game. Pretty much back to 2-3 days along the Eastern coast and express is actually overnight.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've used them a few times, and they've been OK but it's been taking forever to get stuff here from China lately.