Highland Fling Anyone ?

Register?

Umm, the website appears to be up. But the registration tab asks for a username and password without giving an opportunity to create one.

Am I missing something?

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
That would be very frustrating indeed. lets hope i dont get two pinch flats at the highland fling now..
you gotta get an entry first....;)

This is pretty annoying, I was reading on the website earlier today and it stated the entry fee goes towards a "professionally organised event"....

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
this is more fustrating than two pichh flats in the same lap of a xc race...
just run tubless, no pinch flats:D
exept i have to admit that the website not working is realy anoying

Last edited:

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Do you guys running tubeless still carry a tube anyway?
yeah, sometimes they don't seal up, sometimes they come off the bead and sometimes you destroy the sidewall.

and some of my mates aren't tubeless so you gotta help them out...

Poddy

Squid
This is pretty annoying, I was reading on the website earlier today and it stated the entry fee goes towards a "professionally organised event"....
Be patient not annoyed, you'll live longer :D

Trust me it just gives you high BP

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Hey all, here's the message I've just posted to our mailing list. I'll start a specific "Wild Horizons Highland Fling - Entry Update" thread so that I update that with respect to Fling entries rather than this general discussion thread.

Sent to Wild Horizons mailing list at 7:20pm tonight:
Dear All

Our intention was to open entries to the 2009 Highland Fling at 4.00pm today. Unfortunately the massive volume of traffic to the site at that time caused the server to crash and thus our website and online entry system became unavailable.

Our website hosting company is one of Australia's largest but, despite us contacting them a fortnight ago to check that the server would cope with the increased volume on this day and being assured that it would be fine, we find ourselves in this situation. Rest assured we are all working to resolve this situation including working with our web developer to see what short term option we might be able to offer.

In the meantime, please let us reassure you that nobody has entered the 2009 Highland Fling yet, so you have not missed out on an entry!

When entries are open, you will notice that we have a new online entry system. First you will register and you will be sent an email to activate your account. Note that each entrant must have their own unique email address to register – so if you share an email address with another entrant, you will need to visit a free webmail provider to get your own email address! This is necessary to keep the system secure. Once you have logged in, you will be able to enter the event, and can log in at any time afterwards to edit, transfer or cancel your entry.

We know many, many hundreds were poised at 4pm today ready to enter the Fling. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and will continue working here until the problem is resolved. Please don't email or phone us to ask for an update – there are too many already for us to respond to. Rest assured we’ll email our database immediately when entries are enabled.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Fi

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
Do you guys running tubeless still carry a tube anyway?
sometimes i do, depends on the race. i probly will for the hightland fling cause it would realy suck to be stuck 30km out with a flat and have to walk back. but i dont usually for a XCO race

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
really pissed off right now, school certificate exams start the day after the highland fling so looks like i cant do it which really Fu#*#ng anoying.:mad::mad::mad:

cog_nition

Likes Dirt
timing...

Can't help but think that, maybe if entries opened, say, at midnight the initial hits may have been less and rather than increasing as it would in the late afternoon as people got home from work, school, uni it would actually decrease and only the truly committed would be staying up to log on...maybe. Also realise this would be a pain for Fi and the crew if there was a logistical isssue at 2 in the morning. Just a thought.

Newton

Likes Dirt
http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/

Due to major server problems, brought on by traffic trying to enter the 2009 Highland Fling, our site has been temporarily disabled. Please check back after 10am Thursday 2 July. Sorry for any inconvenience.

OMG - waited 365 days and now I have to wait one more - oh, well I guess it's worth the wait. Spare a thought for the team at Wildhorizons - Hope all goes well tomorrow Fi.

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/

Due to major server problems, brought on by traffic trying to enter the 2009 Highland Fling, our site has been temporarily disabled. Please check back after 10am Thursday 2 July. Sorry for any inconvenience.

OMG - waited 365 days and now I have to wait one more - oh, well I guess it's worth the wait. Spare a thought for the team at Wildhorizons - Hope all goes well tomorrow Fi.
What, you haven't had a look at the last few pages?