AM Hightower LTCc

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Officially joined the syndicate - picked up this LTcc on Sunday. Built up by Brad Kelly at Driftbikes (Bryn Atkinson and Jill Kintner’s SoHe mechanic) so it’s running primo!

First ride and bettered a long standing PR on a local segment by 4 seconds without even pushing and I’ve hammered at that one for a long time. Going to be a lot of fun had on this big wheeled rig coming off a ‘11 sworks stumpy evo 26”

Large hightower LTCc - Wicklow Green
2018 Fox 36 factory HSC/LSC with Vorsprung Luftkappe
Fox DPX2
Xx1 drivetrain
Bikeyoke Revive 160 dropper with BY lever
SRAM Guide Ulitmates
Dtswiss m1700 30mm
Enve rsr 760
Raceface Aeffect Cranks with 32T RF ring
Wolftooth chainguide
Specialized butcher 2.6 front & rear

Gotta give a massive shout to the lads at Drift. Above and beyond for the service I got. I sent my old drivetrain and brakes off the stumpy to the to get the price down a bit on the build. Turns out my brakes had issues with the levers so they gave me a new set and kept the old ones to swap under warranty. I hadn’t even noticed the lever feel but in the capable hands of BK he spotted it straight away. Also got the cranks and ring & enve bars tossed in. Pretty chuffed overall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
New tyres this arvo.
Been pushing this beast more and more but found the butcher 2.6, while being ultra grippy to just be a bit too much tyre for most of what we ride locally.

Both 29x2.5 EXO TR
DHF front
Aggressor Rear

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Nice ride - saw a couple of your pics on the mtbr SC forums and thought I recognised the Aussie bush in the background. How tight is the Aggressor in the rear triangle - I didn’t think there was much clearance on the HTLT?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Nice ride - saw a couple of your pics on the mtbr SC forums and thought I recognised the Aussie bush in the background. How tight is the Aggressor in the rear triangle - I didn’t think there was much clearance on the HTLT?
Let’s just say it’s better clearance than the butcher 2.6, but still snug. I don’t think I’d drop to 2.3 tyres though.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
You’ll probably want some protection on those chainstays - that is pretty tight!