Hmmm choices

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Ok so yeah another one of those 'recommend me a bike' threads sorry...but hey at least its not a 'i got $500 what DH bike can i get'

Want an AM bike with min travel 160mm. Got $4k to burn
should i go 650b? should i stay 26er?
was thinking a rocky mountain slayer as i want 34-36mm forks for stiffness but then will it be obsolete in 3 years time? This is kinda my last bike now before kids/mortgage etc gets priority (once i buy a ring and a house;) )

any suggestions folks?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Forget the ring and make it 7k to spend then get an SB66

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

JBR

Likes Dirt
Either a banshee Rune (160mm) or a spitfire (140mm) would be a solid choice.

650 or 26, adjustable geometry. 34 - 36mm fork compatible.

Gives you a few options to work with and future proofs your purchase a bit in terms of wheels.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Either a banshee Rune (160mm)
er yeah but no..had one on order under their replacement program for 6 months, been fed the same two lines time and time again and about to tell them where to stick it. hence why im looking for something else

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blkmrkt Roam. Best 6-inch bike I've ever ridden. And you can run it with 26, 650B or 29 via the replacable dropouts. Easy.

JBR

Likes Dirt
er yeah but no..had one on order under their replacement program for 6 months, been fed the same two lines time and time again and about to tell them where to stick it. hence why im looking for something else

That sucks. I got my frame about a month ago. (initial purchase, not a replacement).

I wonder what the go is there.

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
Is the Norco range coming to aus for 2014. 650b with 160mm travel. I have the sight and absolutely love it, the only thing that lets it down is my fitness and ability. I know it's way more capable than what I can do. So I'm guessing the range will be an incredible bike and around your budget.