Ho hum... another cracked rear triangle!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha, he was pulling over to let me past but didn't manage to unclip properly, toppled over. Clips get us all. ;)

6ft2, bout 80kg.
Bike is much stronger than I expected. I assumed you must have been an Italian greyhound kind of build for not breaking it.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
No dramas with my Primer and I’ve given it plenty of curry. I used to wince every time I heard a rock ping off it but now it doesn’t cause heart palpitations. All of my likely high impact areas I’ve given multiple layers of helicopter tape for added protection. I think you just got unlucky, as others have said alloy would’ve bent as well by the looks of it.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since this is Intense related. I've just gone from a Primer to a Sniper. No issues at all with the Primer over a couple of years but I knew going into the Sniper that there could be issues with the bearings in the upper link due to no cross brace.

What I didn't expect was how loose it still felt when it was all torqued up to spec. It was a little worrying actually. Reading over on MTBR, a few people have done a brace mod to the upper link which seems to have solved the issue and Intense themselves are prototyping their own iteration.

I decided to knock one up last night with some "all thread" and a spacer between the links. Just from a wiggle test it's stiffened the rest end up dramatically. No idea why it left the design phase without a brace here. All the other models in their lineup have it.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whole extra 50g, total junk bike now

I've been eyeing off the Czar, it's complete minus a fork but also kinda redundant having two XC bikes. Actually, saying it's minus a fork is kinda wrong as I've got two forks for the Sniper, so I could get it going again. Just need a front boost adapter for a Hope Pro 4 front