Ho hum... another cracked rear triangle!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Added beef? I'd say added profits. Reduce input costs dramatically, drop rerail price slightly, feel the fleece
Totally agree. But if it's for a burly bike that doesn't claim to be super light and agile then why wouldn't you? One less failure point.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just over 12 months ago I received a warranty replacement frame due to a cracked rear triangle on my Intense spider 29c. It was a manufacturing fault in that instance. I received an Intense Primer as a replacement which has been fa......

Long story short. Around $1100 for a rear triangle and this is their crash replacement price! Next dually is going to be alloy or steel!
not good. have you got a picture of the broken part? would be interesting to see where it failed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen to see it too, as a fellow Spider owner I would like to know where to look. Mine's just started making a noise too....
Looks like Intense has some design issues with the Sniper too having read a thread on MTBR, it seems the constant search for lighter frames has bitten them in the ass with some design fuck ups on the upper linkage.
I've got an older Carbine in carbon which has done maybe 5,000km of hard use without issues but it's reasonably heavy compared to the Spider and a mates Sniper.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
No and I take your point. The XTC is light and is made with thinner carbon no doubt. But tap both and one sounds like a tissue box and the other like a wooden box.
Yeah I was just interested to see if you’ve whacked both.

V3 bromad? I’d love a go on one. Sound like a good bruisery trailbike.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok I see, ... alloy would have bent, carbon crack. that's not a design fault more high side impact - yeah can't do much about that. you've got to take risks and have fun and sometimes this happens. its worth having a back up bike and keep this baby for show rides.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just a note, i've been using and abusing a carbon XTC (older, 2013 frame) & sending it over largeish jumps, wall rides, drops - it's held up much better than I thought it would so far. Gopro vid
How big are you? I am impressed by the not falling apart your xtc has demonstrated in that vid.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Probably should have bought the all alloy Trance, its only 300 grams heavier - only went carbon because bling. Alloy rear triangle though!

I've never worried about the two carbon MTBs I've had though, have seen more folded alloy frames than totaled carbon - either will fail in a big crash.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok I see, ... alloy would have bent, carbon crack. that's not a design fault more high side impact - yeah can't do much about that. you've got to take risks and have fun and sometimes this happens. its worth having a back up bike and keep this baby for show rides.
Normally I don't ride the Primer at the location where this occurred. I normally ride my steel HT. Funny thing is. it happened on a spot where my wife usually walks it. I was giving her stick a week ago because my mate finally rode it and she hadn't. I've ridden it hundreds of times and think nothing of it. First time I stacked, and I happened to be on my Primer! Fuck it!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah I was just interested to see if you’ve whacked both.

V3 bromad? I’d love a go on one. Sound like a good bruisery trailbike.
You'll never guess who has a Nomd V3 in xl.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk