Home break in!

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
^^ Cheers ^^

Cheers Pharmaboy, Johnny & Sappa

Our house doesn't stand out anymore then the others. We are pretty minimalistic people and don't have much on display so that's a start, and being on a corner block there isn't really anywhere to hide.

I will look into some sensor lights and maybe a camera for the back yard.

Oh and my lawn is patchy as fark already Sappa :thumb: .... for security reasons of course.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Invest in a super high grade bag of heroin, and leave this out in plain view whenever you are out. The smackie shitbags will be frothing from all orifices on the floor upon your return, you may then choose whether to call the police or kick the shit out of them until they are transparent then pop them out to the gutter and go about your business as per usual.

Get a dog. A dog that can bark:
Basenji's will not work.

Even a small dog is a great deterrent, they are very good barkers - a forewarning is afore' armed.

Or/And do a martial sport x2-3 times a week (karate/judo/tae kwan do/target pistol/archery) in hour to 90min class lessons.

No burglar wants to attract noisy attention, upon themself, or to mince moves with a trained fighter; the first time a thug gets grandiose, takes a swing/bluffs n blusters/intimidates you ..and you're in good training, you'll coldly laugh inside while you analytically observe how pathetic their unco-ordinated machismo is in action... ..then bust their chops, Or indicate your pistol with your free hand to remind them/nock a 1oz bladed broadhead shaft to your 360fps Compound bow/test the balance of your handmade Hunting blade... the heavy one made from 5mm thick Damascus Steel, with Camel bone and Buffalo Horn slab handles, that you can shave the bristles of an angry bee's fuzz with.

Then make 'em lie face down, hands on head so you can get the cops (the most desperate will do something, here hence 'facedown').

1. Have a plan
2. Have a self-capability
3. Have a force multiplier
4. Do something you prepared and planned to do. Have a defense strategy against home invasion.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Couple weeks back, i woke up around 6am to the dogs making a fuss (happens every now and again and its caused by the neighbours cat coming into the back yard). That cat was indeed stirring the dogs but quickly made its getaway as i opened the door. I then noticed the back gate was open and the padlock wasnt hanging through the latch like we leave it (unlocked but through the eyes on the latch at the top of the gate) and looking around the padlock wasnt merely on the ground below. I located it in the garden a couple meters away.

I went back inside and asked my wife if she had hung the padlock through the latch that night or left it on the fence railing, but either way it was very strange the lock had found its way into the garden a few meters away. Their cat couldnt possibly have knocked it there.

My wife then mentions that at about 4am the dogs were going absolutely beast mode apeshit. Again as i did she thought it was the cat in the yard and she went downstairs and let the dogs out side, they ran out and around then came back inside and went back to bed....

Later the same day while loading the kids into the car a neighbour diagionally opposite us on the corner came out and said hello, then proceeded to tell us sometime in the night their house had been broken into and both his and his wifes vehicles had been stolen!

Its almost a shame the scum didnt continue trying to enter our home, our dogs would have had them for breakfast. The dogs got lots of extra pats that day.

We have sensor lighting that illuminates the whole back and front yards however ive been locking that padlock at night since and in the future i think my wife will wake me to head down to let the dogs out if she wakes first.

Travis.

Basenji's will not work.

Even a small dog is a great deterrent, they are very good barkers - a forewarning is afore' armed.

Or/And do a martial sport x2-3 times a week (karate/judo/tae kwan do/target pistol/archery) in hour to 90min class lessons.

No burglar wants to attract noisy attention, upon themself, or to mince moves with a trained fighter; the first time a thug gets grandiose, takes a swing/bluffs n blusters/intimidates you ..and you're in good training, you'll coldly laugh inside while you analytically observe how pathetic their unco-ordinated machismo is in action... ..then bust their chops, Or indicate your pistol with your free hand to remind them/nock a 1oz bladed broadhead shaft to your 360fps Compound bow/test the balance of your handmade Hunting blade... the heavy one made from 5mm thick Damascus Steel, with Camel bone and Buffalo Horn slab handles, that you can shave the bristles of an angry bee's fuzz with.

Then make 'em lie face down, hands on head so you can get the cops (the most desperate will do something, here hence 'facedown').

1. Have a plan
4. Do something you prepared and planned to do. Have a defense strategy against home invasion.

Bluing with an intruder is last option. Sure, acting in a menacing manner with the goal of getting the scum out of the joint is worth considering, but only go toe to toe if you really have to.

Martial arts training may provide you with presence of mind when in a confrontation, but you don't need hours and hours of training to perform an effective kin geri (may not be as effective if the intruder is a chick).

A woofer will scare 'em off no doubt, even a whippet's woof (though one of whippets has never barked, she's a howler).

I do like the way Dunndog thinks. Hehe. But yes, at the sticky end of home break-ins is the cornered thief. Definitely last on list is a physical struggle, correct.

NB. Kin-geri=front kick to groin using instep (not point of toe). Classic but never growing old.

I think it was Eddie Murphy that once said you don't need to hit them, you just need to graze them

whether he was talking about his own or some dress wearing fella's is yet to be determined.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Basenji's will not work.

1. Have a plan

Fork me!

I just plan on hurling faeces at them.