Home & Contents Insurance renewals...

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Our H&C has quadrupled in the last 3 years. 100% increase from last year to the renewal that just came in. From $2000 to almost $4300

I think we have been put on some kind of flood database (we back onto a small creek in suburban Sydney). Could not even get a quote from many insurers. Allianz quoted us $7500.

Faark fark fark

MasterOfReality

After forever
I paid my 3.4k premium last night, feel dirty about it. Small consolation was they have now listed my business and all of the office stuff is covered under general contents. Upped the total contents value as well, when I did the walk around and read what’s included in the pds I think we were under insured!
Time for another go round, and this time the premium has come back at $4348, which represents a 27.5% increase. Cunts.

Sum insured for building and contents increased by 5% and 4%, respectively.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Time for another go round, and this time the premium has come back at $4348, which represents a 27.5% increase. Cunts.

Sum insured for building and contents increased by 5% and 4%, respectively.
Most people I know have been reporting similar jumps this year, but it definitely doesn't hurt to shop around!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
CAUTION: There is a current phone scam involving H&C insurance.

First, there will be a call come through to your number, likely from Sri Lanka, but could be from anywhere. If you answer it, your number will be registered as active.

Second, you will get a call from a local number saying that it's XXXXX insurance company calling because there is a problem with policy renewal and you may be uninsured. They will ask you to identify yourself with the normal processes - they sound very authentic. I gave them a fake date because I wanted to see what data they had on me. They had my name, phone number, email address and an address from about 8 years ago.

I assume from that point, they will get your CC or account details and ask for an immediate payment to ensure that you are not uninsured.

I answered the call from Sri Lanka as I wanted to check the scam out. But if you don't want to be bothered by the scammers, don't answer calls from Sri Lanka or other countries were you don't know anyone. This might be a relatively old scam, I only became aware of it a week ago.