Home gym versus Commercial gym

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I think the cheap bumpers cost about that, maybe $6/kg, but second hand rubber coated ones from scumtree were about a third that. No they arent really accurate but the tolerance is ok for my shed antics.

In the interests of keeping this applicable to regular people I am pretty confident, as achievable as it might be, that a 200+squat is not a problem most folks will have!
Been having a close look at scumtree, nothing yet. I'm kind anal retentive, all the plates have to be the same brand / style... I know. Don't mind cheapies, refuse to pay RRP. And ebay delivery costs are general out there.

200kg deadlift is no issues at all (not sure on max squat, it's a lot less) - it's only double body weight for me, everyone one here could more or less do that same % with some training.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have some basic gear in my shed and some of it is unused. There are just too many distraction at home to get done what needs to be done.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SNIP Got given a spin bike, do 15-30 mins each night in front of the idiot box when the kids go to bed, HR set and a few other things set up recorded straight into the computer all science like, motivation is pretty good.
I've made up my own 7 or 8 song mixes that I will listen to whilst on my wind trainer. Some days it is a fairly relaxed mix for sustained speed training whilst other days it is pretty much flat out thrash-fest for combined speed and sustained power training. I want to try and sustain 300watts for 60 minutes but I think I am going to have to settle on averaging 300watts for 60 minutes because I haven't yet developed a lot of muscle mass in my legs. My cardio is up there again, my resting pulse is equal to my age + 2 to 4 bpm.

Any tips MWII for pushing through the inevitable pain?

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
I've made up my own 7 or 8 song mixes that I will listen to whilst on my wind trainer. Some days it is a fairly relaxed mix for sustained speed training whilst other days it is pretty much flat out thrash-fest for combined speed and sustained power training. I want to try and sustain 300watts for 60 minutes but I think I am going to have to settle on averaging 300watts for 60 minutes because I haven't yet developed a lot of muscle mass in my legs. Any tips MWII for pushing through the inevitable pain?
How about a sticker that says "Shut up Legs."

Hey, it works for some pro guys.:spy:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about a sticker that says "Shut up Legs."

Hey, it works for some pro guys.:spy:
I recently went for a road ride and tried to keep up with a female road rider who competes semi-professionally and is also 2 years older than me and got my ass kicked. Her power to weight ratio is amazing, and she has the descending of hills part totally under control as well.

scblack

Leucocholic
I recently went for a road ride and tried to keep up with a female road rider who competes semi-professionally and is also 2 years older than me and got my ass kicked. Her power to weight ratio is amazing, and she has the descending of hills part totally under control as well.
Awesome, I'd love to go for a ride with her. Hopefully I could keep up....