Honda pushy

CHEWY

Eats Squid

does anyone know when this honda pushy's gonna go into production? or know anythng about it at all? i saw it on pinkbike a few months ago and havnt heard anything since

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read in Dirt that Naoki Idegawa (ex Global) has signed up with honda...so I guess we will be seeing this bike sometime soon.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
haha, that thing is pretty rad...can definitely see the moto influence. That seat has to be so you attatch a rope to it to pull up the hill cause theres no way u could ride it...it looks solid!

S.

ex offender
Yeah, but if you went by looks, M1s would be the heaviest bikes out there ;)

That seat is obviously for those whaddyamacallit superman-seatgrab thingys that FMXers do.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
im guessing its gonna be a pre-production prototype thats gonna take 4 years to coome out just like they did with the CRF
it just looks like a single-pivot alum frame with one of those chainwheel pully thingys that reduce pedal bob.

Mason

Likes Dirt
Holy man, that bike looks space aged. That is just one weird funky looking bike. I winder if it will be in production by 2004?

S.

ex offender
Ok, here's what you can't see (and/or nobody has mentioned yet):
- Internal jackshaft drive
- Integrated Rohloff hub
- (not sure of brand) MX-style shock (note the HUGE reservoir sticking out under the seat)

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Sorry to Rag socket but it pays to do some research, This bike has been on the MBaction.com web page and on stiksandstones.com it does not have a jackshaft or Rohloff hub It has an integrated gea box built by honda. It takes standard shimao cranks that attach to the gra box it has a single chain drive wheel like a moto that drive a single rear cog.

Looks rad to me 8)

http://www.stiksandstones.com/honda_bike.jpg

See it here
http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=655

adam

Likes Dirt
yeah, saw that a while ago, i like the gearbox idea, it gets rid of a few problems, so long as it works good and proper.

love it

adam