HONE help?

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
Im getting a new set of cranks fairly soon, and need a little bit of help with bashguards...and a few other questions ;)

first things first, are the shimano LX and HONE cranks exactly the same? they are the same price, look the same etc...but are they?

two- when buying the HONE, are you supplied with the bottom bracket as well, i noticed in the price guide, its LX w/BB and just HONE by itself. but looking in the catalouge its advertised as one unit. ****EDIT, just re-read J5ive's review and am pretty sure it does come with the BB, but confirmation would be great****

three- what's the BCD of the HONE/LX cranks

four- i will be sticking them on a trials bike, therefore removing the big and middle rings. Are there any after market bashrings that will bolt in place of the middle ring. Alloy/Steel/Plastic, dosent matter as long as its durable, and not more than about $100, otherwise i can fabricate my own out of steel plate...again.

fifth (and last)- does shimano sell the bashring found on saint cranks seperately? its not in the price guide, but neither are the replacement chainrings so im not sure. otherwise i'll call them later on at work.

thanks in advance
ASH

Last edited:

bazza

look at me
the hone comes with everything. cranks, bearings, spacers etc everything you need. if the lx ones are outboard than they will probably come with everything you need as well. btw outboard bearings are awesome! dont know much about trials bikes so cant help you on wether they are a good crank for that or not. but i have a few little gouges in my saint which makes me think that hone+sharp concrete edges = not good.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
1. Different spider on the LX. Slightly lighter arms too I think.
2. You get BB, arms, Chainrings.
3. 104 4 bolt
4. Run a 22-26 Granny ring and get yourself an e13 Trials Bash gard
5. Yeah I think so, but as above, get the 13.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
sorted.

looks like i shall get a set of HONE cranks.
now its a toss up between the Saint bashie, depending on availability and price, and an e.thirteen trials bashie (104bcd, 32t, 4bolt) again depending on price and avail.

can anyone help me with these prices?

Also it says norco are the importers for e.thirteen, is this still true?

thanks, ASH

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
The Hone cranks and LX Are virtually the same,
there is no weight difference, no difference in the BB.
Just color.

Maybe the spider is diff, I never researched that.

you can get separate Saint 32T Bashrings,
I got myn out of singapore for around $30.00

I don't know what you would pay here.. expect into the $50-70 mark (for a lump of plastic)

I'm pretty keen on these cranks too,
as they are a bit less than half the price of Saint.. yet still claimed Freeriderable. (not like I'm doing stupid huge stuff anyway)

Kind regards
Juls

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
thanks guys,

i ordered a set of hone today...and a saint bash ring at an UNBELIEVABLE price. its cheap enough that they are no major concern to replace them, in fact i could replace it 4 or 5 times before i pay as much as an e.thirteen supercharger.

ASH

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
yeh my saint bashring was about $25-30 AUD including freight.. might have been less.

I think around $15 USD + freight

So yeh bargain, makes hone cranks a good FR Alternative.

Juls