Honzo ST

sc.

Likes Dirt
Finished this off this arvo after work, built up from a number of mostly second hand parts on a budget. Just some tidying up of the dropper cable to go. It's my first bike build, I managed to get most of it together myself and then had a little help from a local bike shop to shorten some brake lines etc. I'm hoping it's a bit of fun while I save up some money for my first dually, I'm too old to ride these hardtails for much longer!

Frame
- 2017/18 Kona Honzo
Front shock/fork - Fox Factory 34 130mm
Handlebars -Renthal Fatbar Lite
Stem - Renthal
Grips - Renthal
Saddle - Bontrager
Seatpost - Reverb 125mm dropper
Front brake -Shimano XT
Rear brake -Shimano XT
Cranks - Shimano SLX Boost
Pedals - DMR V12
Rear derailleur - Shimano SLX
Rear shifter - Shimano SLX
Cassette - Shimano SLX
Front rim - Bontrager xxx
Rear rim - Bontrager xxx
Tyres - Bontrager
Total weight -a fair bit

301A95E3-E7DC-4BFF-8907-E23A19549487.JPG
81CE5F40-4B56-4FEC-AB91-B66D6978F693.JPG
ECEF1671-8063-4330-8310-4F8A93DEBAA3.JPG

slowmick

38-39"
enjoy it while you save up your cash. don't sell it - always good to have a hard tail for shit weather and when the dual suspension gear is off being serviced.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Rad mate. Congrats on a fun looking bike. I really miss the process of building up the parts for a new bike. The thrill of the hunt was half the fun:)

Reactions: sc.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, bet that the steel feels better than you imagined and that you may put of that duallie for a little longer than you thought...

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
You won't want to ride anything else after riding that, they are so much fun. Both my duallies got neglected after I bought my Honzo.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Nice, bet that the steel feels better than you imagined and that you may put of that duallie for a little longer than you thought...
The steel is great, my other bike is a steel Haro Mary that a mate built up a while ago, part of the reason I wanted another. Thanks mate.

sc.

Likes Dirt
You won't want to ride anything else after riding that, they are so much fun. Both my duallies got neglected after I bought my Honzo.
I've only ridden it around the backyard so far, sounds like it'll be great from what everyone says.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike. Can I ask where you got the frame?
Thanks mate, I bought the frame second hand off FB. I was thinking of getting one anyway and this came up and I couldn't resist. I found a few places online that had them new, two in Australia from memory and a few in the US which were slightly cheaper.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, I bought the frame second hand off FB. I was thinking of getting one anyway and this came up and I couldn't resist. I found a few places online that had them new, two in Australia from memory and a few in the US which were slightly cheaper.
Was this the one from the central coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Nice one, you got lucky! It's not for me but I've got a mate searching for something similar. Cheers mate, it looks like a cracker!

goobags

Likes Dirt
Yes mate it was, I happened to see the ad just after he posted it and bought it and the forks.
I almost bought it haha. Got something similar but different. I’ll post it up when built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk