Hope axle question

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, so I snapped the axle in my Hope Pro II hub, it's a 8/9 speed 10mmX135mm one. The original axle was a female bolt style one, you just screw 2 bolts in to the ends. I bought a replacement axle off CRC, a '135mm 10mm through axle' and when I got it I noticed that there was no thread to accommodate for this female bolt system that I had previously. I've come to the conclusion that it takes a 10mm through axle. This leads to the question, what style through axle do I need? Hope don't seem to sell one? I was thinking something along the lines of the one that Hadley hubs use, which looks like this:

My LBS was closed today, being boxing day and all, but i was after a recommendation of where I can get one of these from, if it's the right one, and also how much it should cost me.

Thanks in advance,
James.

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Hope make a "10mm through axle"

18761.jpg

and a "10mm Bolt Up axle"
11825.jpg

for the hope II hubs... sounds like you want the "bolt up" one... well, spanky thinks you do... does this help at all?

/images hotlinked from CRC....

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for that, yeah I was after the bolt up one, but I just thought that the replacement axle that I bought would be the same bolt up one as I had previously, but this obviously isn't the case :( Ah well, I'll just stick with the through axle option now, but I'm just after a through axle that will work with the Pro II.

Thanks Spanky <3

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your riding a Trials rear hub arn't you???

I think you need the right axle for this hub not just the standard Pro 2 axle.... from memory:confused:

I've pulled apart my Hopes many times and never thought i'd break an axle ...........but behold:eek::eek:

I've also got a 12mm through axle axle and a 12mm stainless bar that I made to convert it to
10mm collecting dust here;);)

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Hadley axle will work fine. And with the little notch on there, you only need a 6mm allen key to take off your wheel.