Hope Rotor + DT CL to 6 Bolt Adapter

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Hey brains trust,

Just want to confirm some in/sanity and see if anyone's run this combo.

I got a new wheel built on a DT 350 CL Hub (Hibike stopped selling the 6 bolt one) and figured I could just get the CL -> 6 Bolt adapter.

When putting them together, the centre piece of the Hope rotor has recesses (rather than a completely flat one piece rotor like most) which doesn't allow for the washer to sit on and seat into the 6 bolts on the other side of the adapter. The washer has grooves that mates with the top clamp like a cassette clamp.

I believe my options are:
  1. Dremel the body of the rotor to allow the washer to sit flush.
  2. YOLO no washer and potentially damage the rotor body and hope I can remove it in the future after its torqued to 40nm
  3. Use regular rotors (I've got some spare Centrelines but #HopeMatchyMatchy)
  4. Buy a new bike

Cheers!

Attachments

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
What about 1(a) - Dremel the CL adapter washer down so it sits in the rotor bolt recesses or 1(b) - see if you can get some little washers that will fill the rotor bolt recesses and allow the CL adapter washer to sit flush. I do have a funny memory of having read somewhere that Hope says their 2-piece rotors are not CL adapter compatible, I guess this must be why.

Edit: der sorry just looked at the last photo with the lock ring off and can see neither is going to work. Put me in the “just use different rotors” camp.

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd check the thickness of the hope rotor at the bolt interface & a regular rotor. I suspect the Hope with the recesses may be thicker, so the best option to use the hope rotor might be dremel. Ideally you'd want someone with a router to face down the material so it's dead flat.

Really though, I think you should be using a different rotor.

ausdb

Being who he is
I have tried something similar with a XT CL hub and a 6 bolt ice tech rotor and adapter. No go the adapters will only work with a flat steel rotor. I ended up getting an ice tech CL rotor.

Last edited: