Hope Tech3 V4s - how are they better than Sram?

teK--

Eats Squid
Hope have a new bleed video out:

They recommend the use of their new easy bleed tool. A quick Google and price is around $50-60 landed. Might get cheaper once CRC/Wiggle stock them but not really necessary.

Also interesting is bleeding with no bleed block or the disc and just let the pads jam together and then push the pistons back.
That new bleed video sucks... not only are the way overcomplicating the process with their overpriced bleed reservoir accessory, but they make more work and mess by leaving the pads in rather than using a bleed block. You can't even see what they are doing half the time because of the shitty camera work!

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Shimano really have this shit sorted
+1 I've got a variety of Shimano brakes from Deore through to XTR and a few sets of Hopes... Shimano's bleed process is just the most simple, full stop. And the use of mineral oil is great... no brake fluid going off in a bottle on a shelf since you only need 50ml and it comes in 1L bottles....

I love the Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes, they have a lovely feel and the adjusters do make a difference but I'm totally over using any form of DOT fluid.