Hornsby Jumps

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Are you referring to the ones at OMV? I wouldn't travel any great distance to go there but if you're already in the area and have a bike and some time to kill them they are well built and good fun. Coupled with some of the "local" lines on the new trail network you can kill a few hours.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's the ones - only opened a few weeks ago. Was wondering how they sized up etc? Do I tag them into a street session or an enduro session and so on.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Endurobro session. You're pivot would be good fun down there on the trails.

The big line is pretty fun. Weird 90* step up step off that has too shallow a berm, but aside from that its pretty good.

Rode OMV the other day with the boy and then H20.

OMV has promise, the jumps were popular, no-one else was riding the rest of the track.

I chose not to jump, it's even cooler than jumping, kinda like listening to the notes that aren't being played, glaven.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
too shallow a berm, but aside from that its pretty good.
Went there yesterday for first time, mate on his 24" bmx, I had my dirtjumper.. a good time for a few hours, had the place to ourselves. Was super sandy and I couldnt find a broom anywhere down there. agree with Ultra Lord, that last berm should be bigger. Some strange design choices but its a very compact area they had to work with. As far as I know these are the closest dirt jumps to me but I'm yet to checkout castle cove, red hill and northbridge, all of which I'm keen to try, not in that particular order tho.

I hope in the future they have access and parking right near the jumps as coming down and up the hill wasnt particularly fun on our bikes.

Pretty sure that part of the road is beyond a gate, part of the construction (dump fill) area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Huh. Nobody said anything to me when we bombed down it sunday morning, and a few hours later nobody could be seen around there. Weekend only session then

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didn't have much on today so caught the train to hornsby...

The location of the jumps could be marked better at the trail head!

Anyway I quite enjoyed myself. I was riding like to total noob though and didn't get a constant enough rhythm on the middle line to balls up and hit the A-line. Next time I'll be staying for a bit more than 1.5 hours. I did feel the lander on the last of the middle jumps was a bit short compared to the rest of the set. Loved the set up and thought is really well made.

Fuck me it is sweat down there too!!!

Ultra Lord

it is a sweat down there isnt it.

You really gotta go nose heavy into the last hit on the middle line, it's a pretty short downramp. weird jump

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
it is a sweat down there isnt it.

You really gotta go nose heavy into the last hit on the middle line, it's a pretty short downramp. weird jump
The middle line reminded me a lot of the dirt jumps at glenrock lagoon, but built a lot better. The spacing and shapes aren't matched or progressive into the rhythm. That last one could be 500-1000mm higher and about that much shorter and be nicer.

The big line doesn't look any longer, just has the gaps and awkward entry. Which do a great job of keeping the noobs out and the jumps in good shape.

That dirt down there is hard stuff! Almost like concrete.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
The middle line reminded me a lot of the dirt jumps at glenrock lagoon, but built a lot better. The spacing and shapes aren't matched or progressive into the rhythm. That last one could be 500-1000mm higher and about that much shorter and be nicer.

The big line doesn't look any longer, just has the gaps and awkward entry. Which do a great job of keeping the noobs out and the jumps in good shape.

That dirt down there is hard stuff! Almost like concrete.
ooh, I'd be keen to checkout glenrock lagoon... no idea where they are tho :)

agree about the rhythm, the middle jump is easy to flat land and wouldnt be plesant to hit the dirt either!

We didnt try the A line, the sketchy entry turned us off but your on the money, the actual gaps look fine.

I'm keen to check out red hill, there is supposed to be a small squid line so at least something I could do!

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ooh, I'd be keen to checkout glenrock lagoon... no idea where they are tho :)

agree about the rhythm, the middle jump is easy to flat land and wouldnt be plesant to hit the dirt either!

We didnt try the A line, the sketchy entry turned us off but your on the money, the actual gaps look fine.

I'm keen to check out red hill, there is supposed to be a small squid line so at least something I could do!

The entry turn is awesome; makes sure people have some general jump skills before getting into the bigger jumps.

Go have fun on the red hill beginner line; it's running well. The second last feature is a bit weird; plan is to replace it with a proper jump next time there's big rains. After 6 months of digging, it was time to make the line work....