NSW Hornsby Trails going ahead *Press Release*

Nmag

Likes Dirt
Thansk Han, I made the correction about committee not getting the build training, it's a good point.

To get back to the start, I think (but not sure) that you head south from the northern end by following some green and then some fire trail then take a left (east) into that blue trail, then up up behind the pool, then shoots you back towards the "southern section" that the nimbies were carrying on about. Not 100%, but thats how I read it.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
ohhh wow, thats literally a 1 min ride from the station !!!

glad to know this is within a 15 min drive :D

Cant wait !

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And construction begins!

[video=youtube_share;jivF52bALdY]http://youtu.be/jivF52bALdY[/video]

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
November 1st for stage 1 according to the councils Facebook page, I walked through yesterday and spoke with the boys from synergy trails. They are only saying what the council said, a fair bit of tidying up is needed, signage etc before its open. They are doing some amazing stuff in there. Well worth having a scope on foot... It will get you pumped for sure!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
November 1st for stage 1 according to the councils Facebook page, I walked through yesterday and spoke with the boys from synergy trails. They are only saying what the council said, a fair bit of tidying up is needed, signage etc before its open. They are doing some amazing stuff in there. Well worth having a scope on foot... It will get you pumped for sure!
Cool ! May go for a wander and check it out.. cheers

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Sounds sweet! Any pics or vid?

Might go for a walkthrough soon

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate

That is some seriously nice building!

Way better than i expected!, cant wait to ride...keep us informed of the opening date

I could be wrong but one of the photos shows a couple of old besa blocks, we pulled an old homeless shack up the hill from there during the big clean up day, mission!

Thanks for the pics, top stuff, will catch you at the opening for sure, to the builders,awesome stuff, keep it up! love the flow, northshore, jumps, berms...:whoo:

FINX74

Likes Dirt
More pics

If you boys want any of the latest pics of all the new work check out Synergy Trails Facebook page...
Updated constantly
We are on the home stretch now....YEEEWWW !!!!!!!!!
Adrian.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Wandered out there for a look on a drizzly Saturday morning to find one of the crew blowing the leaves off the trails.. man thats some dedication (or you are getting paid by the hour ;) )

Trails look sensational, easily on par if not better than anything else in the Sydney basin, the effort and detail into keeping the flow and quality of wood work is first class... cant wait to get out there and ride it.

Nmag

Likes Dirt
Stage 1 in November I'm told.

Mr leaf blower dude would have been doing it for free, volunteering direct to SynergyTrails, not council. He is the Secretary of Sydney North Off Road Cyclists Inc. He is also obviously a financial member of SNORC, including some insurance for trail building. He has also, like another 6 of us done the 4 day IMBA trail design and maintenance course (yep we all took Annual leave to do it), that will enable us to lead maintenance crews without the need for constant council supervision. An MOU between SNORC and Hornsby Shire Council helps facilitate this. We are very fortunate to have good support from council, and lots of keen volunteers ready to help maintain it. We have a couple of volunteer build days come up to hand build a 500 m section. There will be ongoing opportunities to volunteer as things snow ball. Whilst there have been lots of challenges for the contractor Synergy Trails in working with council and building stage 1, I think the outcome looks great so far. I'm also a trail crew leader for SNORC.

Ask on the Facebook page for Sydney north off road cyclists if you are interested in volunteering for something.

We should also have a fun new website soon. The one linked below is currently down.

Exciting times!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
good to see so many volunteer's out today at the 2nd public Work day, a lot of clean up on sections of the trails got done plus a walkthrough before the sausage sizzle. Thanks to Hornsby Council and Synergy Trails for having us all there... cant wait until mid november when the opening will hopefully be!