Hot foot??

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Went for a long road ride with my wife yesterday and I get incredible pain in my right foot. Starts around the 50km mark and by 75km it's excurciating. Like that area is on fire. Done some googling and it's exactly like the diagram where they've circled the foot area in red. Is anyone running cleat inserts here? Any success?

Attachments

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Is this a reoccurring issue?
There are a number of areas to look at treat hotfoot but requires more information including the use of quality inner soles.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
bike fit check time, slam those cleats back,[and/or go to mtb cleats] get a lacrosse ball & massage you foot with it, one of the local ultra-end girls gets it, she sees an osteo & podiatrist- custom inserts...apparently inserting a jade egg helps also

DMan

Is this a reoccurring issue?
There are a number of areas to look at treat hotfoot but requires more information including the use of quality inner soles.
Yep, pretty much. I run inserts already. Had a shoe fit and ended up with the blue ones
https://www.specialized.com/au/en/b...MIzrydpK-l5wIVFIaPCh1YagBXEAQYASABEgLHXvD_BwE

It's just telling you it's beer'o'clock.
True! But my wife still needed a hour longer than I wanted to keep to her training program...

bike fit check time, slam those cleats back,[and/or go to mtb cleats] get a lacrosse ball & massage you foot with it, one of the local ultra-end girls gets it, she sees an osteo & podiatrist- custom inserts...apparently inserting a jade egg helps also
I have wondered about the mtb shoe. I don't have the issue with my Time pedals/2FO combo....
Maybe one jade egg isn't enough then...:rolleyes:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I have wondered about the mtb shoe. I don't have the issue with my Time pedals/2FO combo....
Maybe one jade egg isn't enough then...:rolleyes:
yep stick with the time pedals, if you were a trk sprinter with giant quads the shoe cleats will make a sml difference with a low stack height, you just need comfort though

DMan

yep stick with the time pedals, if you were a trk sprinter with giant quads the shoe cleats will make a sml difference with a low stack height, you just need comfort though
Yep, I'll try them out. I have a spare set of time pedals and those cool red 2FOs....

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Have a watch of this when you have time from Bikefit James. They have done a whole series called Bikefit Tuesdays focussing on things like inner soles, saddle choice, saddle height and other common issues.