Hot tip thread.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Thank you, good sir! That was my method too, until this bike and the associated level of equipment. Making it last has been an enjoyable challenge.

It'll be interesting to see how long this set of 4 chains and Sunrace cassette last. The first set were a bit of a learning experience. Using 4 chains means only needing to wax once a month instead of every freaking Friday.
Always good to try it. Will be interesting to see how much of a difference it will make longer term.

Wait until belt drives are more common than white Camrys and then all of this metal chain waffle will sail off into the sunset.... Errrr.......

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
You snapped a clamp just today. I’ve never done that or stripped out a bolt. Just sayin.
I didn’t snap it ..... it broke..... and I was using a torque wrench ..... nah I wasn’t lol I only use them on bearing mounts lol

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well you cn actually rotate 4-6 chains through a single cassette by rotating the chains at 0.5, 0.7 and 1% wear.

Good chain lube like rock and roll blue helps too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Colour me impressed you are rotating up to 6 chains to a single cassette. Thats some organisation.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A cheap ass Deore bsa bottom bracket is the best bang for buck bottom bracket.

As a bonus you can turn it into the best bottom bracket with an Enduro bearing kit and a 1 1/8 headset remover.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A cheap ass Deore bsa bottom bracket is the best bang for buck bottom bracket.

As a bonus you can turn it into the best bottom bracket with an Enduro bearing kit and a 1 1/8 headset remover.

XT are like $25. How much cheaper can they be?
Strangely enough I've just had 2 of those BB 52's go in the LH bearings and one with relatively low Kms. Dismantled one of the BBs and looks like the seal has allowed water to get into the bearing and I've never used any type of water blaster on my bikes.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
XT are like $25. How much cheaper can they be?
The mt800 is the new interface and I'm pretty sure they don't work with the Enduro kit. Enduro kits are $21 and they are better than the mt800 IMO.