Hot tip thread.

stirk

Burner
Don't bother to rotate chains, by the time you wear out a single chain and cassette it's time for the next standard that you'll need to upgrade to anyway.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Don't bother to rotate chains, by the time you wear out a single chain and cassette it's time for the next standard that you'll need to upgrade to anyway.
Seems funny, but I rekon there are folks out there that do bare basic maintenance and then just flog their bikes and buy new ones. I've seen a few clapped out bikes in my time, might have bought a few as well.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Tell wife thinking of getting a DH rig again........ she suggests I get a big enduro rig, keep trance and agro hardtail because she hates DH bikes (or the memory of me going DHing every weekend when we were young).

Tip: Softening blow.

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When mounting a new tyre onto a tight rim, lay the tyre out in the sun till it heats up. That way you can mount it with less effort/levers.

stirk

Burner
Seems funny, but I rekon there are folks out there that do bare basic maintenance and then just flog their bikes and buy new ones. I've seen a few clapped out bikes in my time, might have bought a few as well.
I am funny, strange kind of funny that is. But.... I only really neglect my drive train a little as I want to replace my 11-42 with an 11-46, it's one upgrade away from an e-bike so I'm holding on to my pedal power.