Hottest 100

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Ocean Alley!??!
look, don't get me wrong
I like short shorts just like the next man, but what a shit song...feels like its stuck in first gear without the any means to shift into 2nd
the clip is ok, but the track wants me to sit in a dark room cutting myself.

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
Saw Bug Powder Dust live at Glastonbury 1999. Epic.

1998 hottest 100 is indicating good music and shit music was popular 20 years ago.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
How is this even a thread ? Actually how is the Hottest 100 even still a thing ?

It has been scientifically proven that 1994 was the Hottest Hottest 100 and there was no point after that.

and so on.

now, where's that sofa emoji ?
when i lived in Canberra, never missed a gig from Tumbleweed..saw them last year at 'Day on the Green' in the hunter valley (the name was a little ironic, considering the lineup)..brought back so many good feelings
Music is dead!

John U

MTB Precision
Can't believe nobody highlighted #21 yet. That list is pretty "Seattle" heavy and there was a surprising amount of commercially popular songs in there.

Also because @steve jobs' pancreas hasn't posted it yet:

Triple J started to roll out to country areas in the mid 90’s. A lot of these areas would have previously only had one extremely conservative AM station as a source of music (plus Rage on the weekends). I reckon this would’ve added to the mainstream content of the hot 100. On the plus side the Js have also introduced these listeners to a much wider variety of music which can only be a good thing for Australia as a whole.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Triple J started to roll out to country areas in the mid 90’s. A lot of these areas would have previously only had one extremely conservative AM station as a source of music (plus Rage on the weekends). I reckon this would’ve added to the mainstream content of the hot 100. On the plus side the Js have also introduced these listeners to a much wider variety of music which can only be a good thing for Australia as a whole.
Yeah, I was in high school in Tasmania when it rolled out in around 96 or something. I remember there was outrage from the parents at my school (Tas was so conservative back then, homosexuality was still illegal and things like pay TV were being picketed against), but that only drove us to listen to it more. I remember JJJ used to have pretty explicit talk balk on sexuality and other themes noone else was talking about - and it exposed us to so much new music in the age of the cassette.

I haven't listened to JJJ in years now (locked on to Radio National haha)- but I think it provides a highly important service for the young peoples.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Triple J did a segment on sex some years back. I was at the dentist, lying in the chair waiting for the "oh oh that's not good" when C is for clitoris was announced. The dental nurse was well over 60 and started complaining about her lovers not knowing anything past B is for blowjob. Very hard to have a dental check up when you and the dentist are pissing themselves laughing.