How do you maintain food discipline?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, you lost me at 'organic coconut oil'.
Yeah link has been touched by the sun...

Just remember if someone else made it and put it in a package they will have filled it with shit. The cheapest shit they can...good health doesn't come pre-packaged.

Quick example: I'm using an organic soy milk at work. Of course there's a lot of other shit that goes into making soy milk, but the only organic ingredient is the soy beans. The rest is unpleasant at best.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
In a bed in ED at my local hospital with bad case of gastro and a fever of 38.1

Worked under a split system ac for a week that had a blocked drain tube, only found out on the fifth day, had feared this was legionnaire disease.

Feel rotten.

Hot nurse

Last edited:

Mica

Likes Dirt
I was in hospital 3 weeks ago and also had a hot nurse. Then she asked me for a urine sample....:embarassed:
Just wait till you have to supply a post vasectomy sample. I got the filthy "I know what you've been doing" look from the cranky old girl behind the counter.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That isn't because you were eating 700gm of carrots per day? I bet you can see through walls.
I'm was trying some variety after I'd settled my guts over the last few weeks, back to a few veg, salad and meats.

Gastro wasn't caused by my diet, icky little kids at childcare probably to blame.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just wait till you have to supply a post vasectomy sample. I got the filthy "I know what you've been doing" look from the cranky old girl behind the counter.
Doc on Saturday night "I've read what you told the ED triage nurse, nothing extra you were too ashamed to tell her?" Least he had a sense of humour at 2am. Was too tired to tell him I'd been licking blow off hookers asses all night just for a reaction.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Doc on Saturday night "I've read what you told the ED triage nurse, nothing extra you were too ashamed to tell her?" Least he had a sense of humour at 2am. Was too tired to tell him I'd been licking blow off hookers asses all night just for a reaction.
Haha!!
And here I was thinking I might find some incredibly bland but useful tips and info on how to sustain a boring as bat shit diet without straying too far over the tasty but shit food line.. but apparently I'm already a seasoned pro by default. I'm healthing the shit out of it!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha!!
And here I was thinking I might find some incredibly bland but useful tips and info on how to sustain a boring as bat shit diet without straying too far over the tasty but shit food line.. but apparently I'm already a seasoned pro by default. I'm healthing the shit out of it!
Garlic, ginger, chillies, herbs...so much great flavour to put in food. Eating delicious is easy...being prepared and organised and disciplined, not so much.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My gut health is a fucking train wreck. It's been a long hard road to get a solid diagnosis, but so far traditional medicine has been fucking useless with regards to diet/treatment.

I've Celiacs disease that I have lived with for ~10 years, zero gluten in my diet.

Suffered from Candida fungus over growth though my whole GI that I've solved with high dosage of cow Colostrum tablets. Killing fungus in your GI releases toxins, felt like I was living out the Trainspotting cold turkey scene for a weekend. Before killing the fungus, I was unable to eat ANY sugars without issues.

The big one is Permeable gut syndrome. Aka Leaky gut. Induced by pushing myself for 4-5hrs on the bike with no/not enough carbohydrate replenishment I believe on mega hot days.

A Systematic review has just been release looking into extreme exercise events causing gut issues. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/apt.14157/full

And to top it all off, I've Diverticulitis of the large intestine. I started asking the Gastroenterologist the how/what/why questions and he told me "sorry, I'm just the plumber". GP wanted to send me to the psychologist.

I joined a leaky gut support group on Facebook of about 12,000 members, has been the most help so far.

I ate my first Potato last night in 9 months, and so far seem to be ok.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Far out man that is a lot of crap going on. I struggle with not eating a lot of different foods...thus my lack of discipline. Pizza and ribs for dinner last night. They were good ribs too.

What does your current diet plan look like? What flavoursome flavours are you using?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Far out man that is a lot of crap going on. I struggle with not eating a lot of different foods...thus my lack of discipline. Pizza and ribs for dinner last night. They were good ribs too.

What does your current diet plan look like? What flavoursome flavours are you using?
Nothing has really changed. Fruit, veg, meat., Herbs, shit load of garlic

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just jumped back onto the "I'm going to be better" bandwagon.

First step has been cutting out sugary drinks (soft drink and fruit juice). Been going over a week and so far so good. I have been sticking to water, coffee (no sugar) and.....ummmm beer.

Second step is to try eat a bit better, what makes it a bit difficult is being away for work once a week where we tend to gravitate to the pub for dinner etc. Even if I have got a pub meal I've been leaving the chips alone.

It's funny I really notice cutting the sugary drinks makes a difference, first few days off I have cravings and energy levels drop but after a bit of time I feel better and I actually get a 'taste' for water again!

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I'm stuck in a rut food wise, getting pretty sick of chicken, slipping into old and easy habits. Had hungry jacks last night and felt like crap on the trainer. My gym uses myfitnesspal to track all foods etc for accountability and it helps me make better choices. But when time poor and haven't eaten all day due to work it makes things a bit difficult. Meanwhile, I've held my weight but dropped from 18% body fat to 13% and feel a lot stronger than I used to. Getting there, just need quick easy, healthy meals with a bit more variety to keep to the plan.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I don't do it, but cook stuff you like and freeze it in single serves. Seems to work for a bunch of people I know. I end up forgetting it's in there and find it years later...

For myself I cook up a meal of about 3 or 4 serves and churn through it. Meat of choice (chicken, turkey, pork are my go to meats) a lot of garlic, onion, and fresh herbs lots of veggies, beans, lentils, brown rice. I'm not 100% disciplined with it! But it is handy in the fridge and usually makes up 1 of my meals a day.

Keep plenty of eggs in the fridge for a quick snack and lots of fresh fruit on the bench. It's when I run out of supplies that I end up hitting the shit options.

safreek

I just ram calories down my throat and lift weights. Works for me. Lifting correctly takes more discipline than diet any day, don't punish yourself foodwise. Don't sink piss, that's the destroyer of willpower and bodies, seriously