How do you maintain food discipline?

I'm reading it as 0.8 grams per pound of body mass

Questionable ? I don't like simply using imperial measures let alone mixing metric and imperial, perhaps yes.

BTW this is a legit line of questioning, I'm not defending the position, just trying to sort through the chaff and understand.

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
0.8 grams per kilogram of lean body mass, take it up to a whole gram if your a body builder. There is a lot of bs out there from people trying to sell you something. Then you have people repeating what they heard from some marketing dept. like it is gospel.

Ok now I get 50grams of protein which is much more doable.

More research to be done, fuck I only just got my head around headsets (tapered this, zero stack that)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I watched a couple of minutes of that. It was enough. More bs, the rock could afford a better dietitian. You simply can't process that much protein, google rabbit sickness.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm eating about 0.8 grams per kg of fat free mass and my sports nutritionist wants me to cut that down to 0.6. Maintaining a healthy diet with digestive issues is a daily challenge.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
GF Chicken schnitzel rice paper rolls

Chicken thigh. Rolled in brown rice flour, coated in beaten egg, rolled in a GF bread crumb/paprika/Parmesan mix and fried in a light olive oil

Rice paper rolls, smear of mayo, fresh corn, spinach leaves

Makes an awesome cold breakfast too

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Grab and go! I've been keeping tasty and not evil snacks in hand in the new digs. Nuts, sultanas, and fresh fruit on the counter and some baked chicken thighs in the fridge.

Minlak

custom titis
People do over estimate their protein requirements or even indeed the amount they actually get from just whole foods. Where I use protein shakes is as a meal replacement not a supplement. For example I haven't eaten since 8pm last night I have exercised this morning (fasted) and will have a protein shake at 10am as my breakfast. I am at work and it makes for a no fuss solution for me.

My other concern is how much out dated data and thinking is still doing the rounds in articles and peoples blogs perpetuating just pure lies and bought opinions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People do over estimate their protein requirements or even indeed the amount they actually get from just whole foods. Where I use protein shakes is as a meal replacement not a supplement. For example I haven't eaten since 8pm last night I have exercised this morning (fasted) and will have a protein shake at 10am as my breakfast. I am at work and it makes for a no fuss solution for me.

My other concern is how much out dated data and thinking is still doing the rounds in articles and peoples blogs perpetuating just pure lies and bought opinions.
Lots of "bro science". Too much protein, too much sugar, and too little fibre is the Australian way!

Just eat 40 bananas a day
The prophetess!!! Free Lee the banana girl has spoken. Make it so...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is entertaining though watching those nutjobs trying to justify banana everything.
The fruit bats...it's like a fucking cult. I knew a bunch of nice young ladies that all got caught up with it way back. It was body image driven and similar to other eating disorders.

The durian guy is a special one (you may remember him as the vegan cyclists trying to fight the car that nearly hit him).

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah, Free Lee and Durian are bonkers. There was another clip that was amusing of him being an absolute tool trying to race a pro roadie up a hill.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Once upon a time our society was such that they would get the help they need. Now their illnesses are turned into some twisted version of fame.

teK--

Eats Squid
Lots of everyday food not commonly thought of has decent levels of protein. Like wholemeal bread and brown rice. Just gotta mix it up and get from various sources.

My energy levels are pretty good I reckon, could always be better I guess.

I'm 17.5% body fat, and 78kg at 5'11". Not too bad for a 50 yr old cube monkey.

To be honest I gave up on the protein / carb tracking thing, so much conflicting information. Plus I cant eat that much cod.

safreek

My energy levels are pretty good I reckon, could always be better I guess.

I'm 17.5% body fat, and 78kg at 5'11". Not too bad for a 50 yr old cube monkey.

To be honest I gave up on the protein / carb tracking thing, so much conflicting information. Plus I cant eat that much cod.
Your not doing too bad at all, to be honest keeping track of all that sort of thing makes life a nightmare. While some on here say that small amounts of protein are all you need. With me if I don't have a minimum of 200gms a day energy levels suck, while lifting weights without protein supplementation I could barely gain strength and battled to gain muscle.
Started an extra 90gms protein a day and bang, the body started to change rapidly. Probably 1gm per lbs bodyweight for most people is a sensible amount.
I find it hard to believe that 1 steak a day is enough protein for s 90kg man who is active.
Just remember that at one stage the things that are good for you now were evil in the past
Do what works for you, some peoples bodies fuel differently than others do.
Good luck on your journey into the 50s, its a buzz if your healthy