How do you maintain food discipline?

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Diet is mainly weight watchers and lean cuisine from woolies (usually on special for 4-5 dollars) during the day at work.

Most days I skip breakfast and just have coffee.

Dinner is usually a normal meal with vegetables but just not a massive serving.

No snacks at all usually. I was going through a stage of getting salt and vinegar rice crackers to have with lean cusine but I generally don't do that anymore.

On the weekend on saturday I'll have small breakfast, maybe just musli bar/s or even just couple of pieces of toast then go riding for a few hours doing a lot of enduro style riding with climbing to do the dh parts and come out of that tired as hell. Sat night usually will be take away (pizza or Indian etc) then Sunday is breakfast out with wife having a big breakfast then skip lunch from being full.

It's about being disciplined during the week and the only way I found I could do that was stock up on lean cuisines and weight watchers.

But I think the big thing is sugar. That's where the weight dropped.

Need to cut back the alcohol too as I drink few times a week I reckon at the moment. Need to have a clean month off.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just make it a rule to not drink on a school night, much easier than going for a whole month straight off the bat. Wind it back on the weekends too. Riding is way more funner next morning if beers are limited.

Ain't no point going a whole month off and then jumping straight back in where you were, the above is sustainable in the long term, off and on is not.

Having a couple of beers or glasses of wine on the weekend is not a crime and it won't hurt your diet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Come on, some of us rely on this so that we can keep up on group rides. They might have better legs than me, but I definitely have a better liver!
Just develop really expensive taste and never take the plastic pay device to the bar...I hear this is a good way of limiting your intake.

@Andy_Ryder I always thought that stuff was bullshit as most of the people I've know to eat it are eternal fat bastard! Does it even taste?

For me, as per usual, the key to good eating is being prepared. I can't be fucked cooking every day/night. The last 6 weeks have been a roller coaster of 6 days a week and 10-15 hours Thursday to Sunday. Looking forward to it all slowing down a bit in November. Anyway I haven't been on top of being prepared much over this time. I like to keep 2 different dishes in the fridge for times like this - something loaded up for lunches and a lighter meal for dinner. I've boon good for whipping up 1 good batch and forgetting the partner...or decide to eat the whole thing in one go because fuck that was good! Anyway just ripped out a chicken fillet + frozen cliche veggie + lentil stew. Going to drop some brown rice in there and eat that before work tonight. I was going to do some lean pork fillet and slaw (not a big creamy one you heathens!) as the partner, but fuck pork belly must the greatest animal to walk the earth!!! Just pulled it out of the oven and it's looking awesome.

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
To be honest it's very hard to stick with lean cuisine and weight watchers meals. You eat one for lunch then by the time you drive home you are so hungry you want to punch on with anyone that looks at you funny (hangry).

I reckon the reason these meals fail people is they are always hungry and when they get home at night they eat 279 large pizzas.

There is a couple that taste ok, but you really have to be strict and not snack in between etc. Or snack on the right things, like fruit or air.

It gets easier after a month or so and you get used to the smaller meals. Most people may fail because they give up quickly. Again I think sugar was a big part of my success thus far. I don't know how I'm not a full blown diabetic because I was drinking a 473ml Redbull everyday minimum, plus normal coke, and approx 6 coffees with 2 sugars in each.

Now I just drink 1.5 litres of water or more and treat myself to a can of coke no sugar a day.

I do drink alot of coffee still just no sugar in it. Maybe that helps with the appetite.

If you really want to change your life and quit something you will, like smoking. Back in the day I smoked a pack a day of malboro reds... I woke up and said fuck that I want to live, and went cold turkey. It was hard but I did it. Maybe im just lucky I can stick to things where others give in.

You should have seen me when I first started riding the bike when I got it. I was out of breath after 3 nanoseconds, mates were waiting for me to catch up and I had jelly legs after 1.5 revolutions of the chain ring. Now I can ride my local trail and do the full loop without stopping with climbs. It gets addictive once you see the results

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok...

honey is sugar, just has a different molecular structure. There is much debate over whether it is good/bad/neutral. Thus the can of worms. I don't care either way personally. Some days I like honey others I like dog urine.

What's wrong with vinegar?