How do you maintain food discipline?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My celiacs disease has progressed into leaky gut syndrome. Basically the small intestine is allowing toxins and compounds into the blood steam that are unwanted.

5 days into an even more restricted diet, feeling great but FUCK I'm hungry. Eating a ton of food. Two roasted butter nut pumpkins and a bag of carrots so far today, plus a bag of fruit too.

I don't do black coffee so fuck it, tapering off caffeine with caffeine tablets.

This is the TOTAL of my allowed foods at this point in time:

Vegetables (except canned)
Legumes (except the ones noted below)
Unprocessed meats, poultry, fish, and eggs
Natural cheeses (except those listed below)
Homemade yogurt fermented at least 24 hours
Most fruits and juices without additives
Nuts, peanuts in the shell, natural peanut butter
Oils: olive, coconut, soybean, and corn
Weak tea and coffee
Unflavored gelatin
Mustard and vinegar
Saccharin

Foods and ingredients not allowed include:

Sugars: lactose, sucrose, high-fructose corn syrup, fructose, molasses, maltose, isomaltose, fructooligosaccharides, and any processed sugar
All canned vegetables
All grains: anything made from corn, wheat, wheat germ, barley, oats, rye, rice, buckwheat, soy, spelt, and amaranth
Some legumes: chickpeas, bean sprouts, soybeans, mung beans, fava beans, and garbanzo beans
Starchy vegetables: potatoes, yam, parsnips, seaweed products, agar, and carrageenan
Canned and processed meats
Nightshades: onions, mushrooms, tomatoes,
Dairy: milk, milk products, ice cream, whey powder, commercial yogurt, heavy cream, buttermilk, sour cream, and the following cheeses: ricotta, mozzarella, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta, processed cheeses, and cheese spreads
Canola oil, commercial mayonnaise, commercial ketchup, margarine, baking powder, and balsamic vinegar
Candy, chocolate, carob
All alcohol

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
At least you are feeling good and you are eating what many of us should be eating.

Hope all works out for you. Get some funky recipes happening.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Butternut pumpkin and carrot roasted in coconut oil.

Have gone from feeling like I've not slept after 9hrs sleep, to feeling fresh after 5hrs.

Beej1

4 weeks into cutting all added sugar out of my diet.

I am a wicked sugar addict. 1 x Tim Tam leads to a tray. 1 x square of chocolate leads to a block. Desert at the end of every dinner leads to finishing off my wife's as well, so if I'm serving up I make sure her bowl is stacked.

I've quit it before, and felt great. Appetite lowered dramatically. Lost weight. Felt better in general. But I did it cold turkey after a particularly traumatizing event, so it was never going to last.

This time round signed up to a program with recipies. It's been awesome. Added bonus is the 3yr old loves the food too.

Will see if it sticks this time. I'd like it to.

Link your pumpkin and carrot dish sounds and looks delish.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
4 weeks into cutting all added sugar out of my diet.

I am a wicked sugar addict. 1 x Tim Tam leads to a tray. 1 x square of chocolate leads to a block. Desert at the end of every dinner leads to finishing off my wife's as well, so if I'm serving up I make sure her bowl is stacked.

I've quit it before, and felt great. Appetite lowered dramatically. Lost weight. Felt better in general. But I did it cold turkey after a particularly traumatizing event, so it was never going to last.

This time round signed up to a program with recipies. It's been awesome. Added bonus is the 3yr old loves the food too.

Will see if it sticks this time. I'd like it to.

Link your pumpkin and carrot dish sounds and looks delish.
Good luck on the quest to lower sugar, it's never easy.

Adding finely diced garlic to the roasting tray is an awesome addition. I've started throwing in brocoli too.

Have been marinating chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, dash of honey and garlic before pan frying.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get that unflavoured gelatin into you. It's the shizz!
Chop some fruit up into it and suddenly it should be palleteable..?

Can you eat seeds? Sesame and sunflower seeds are an awesome addition to roasted pumpkin and carrot.

Can you eat honey?

I assume alcohol is on the banned list?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Chop some fruit up into it and suddenly it should be palleteable..?

Can you eat seeds? Sesame and sunflower seeds are an awesome addition to roasted pumpkin and carrot.

Can you eat honey?

I assume alcohol is on the banned list?
Seeds are on the banned list.

Little honey in my chicken marinade.

Time for a dinner at link's place. BBQ those vege's.

You will go nuts once you get stuck into the vegetarian roast duck and pork.
http://www.lamyong.com.au/c5.html
Your fake duck is full of gluten. Can I pre book an ambulance?

So I've dropped 5kg in a week. Blood pressure is back to being too low.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Your fake duck is full of gluten. Can I pre book an ambulance?

So I've dropped 5kg in a week. Blood pressure is back to being too low.
Damn, I still like it though and not dead just yet... let me check again ..... nope ....... not yet either .............I'll keep checking .........

Congratulations on the weight loss. No manner of carbon or Ti doo-dad's will save you 5kgs.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
First ride since diet change. 2.5hrs, felt fucking amazing. Punched out a 600watt 45 second sprint catching a chunt on a Specialized ebike

Breakfast
Cold roast pumpkin and carrot
Apple juice 500ml
Apples

Morning tea
Apples

Lunch
Apple juice 500ml
Apples

Afternoon tea
Apples

Dinner
Roast pumpkin, carrots and broccolini with a pan fried chicken fillet

1kg bag of apples gone.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
First ride since diet change. 2.5hrs, felt fucking amazing. Punched out a 600watt 45 second sprint catching a chunt on a Specialized ebike

Breakfast
Cold roast pumpkin and carrot
Apple juice 500ml
Apples

Morning tea
Apples

Lunch
Apple juice 500ml
Apples

Afternoon tea
Apples

Dinner
Roast pumpkin, carrots and broccolini with a pan fried chicken fillet

1kg bag of apples gone.
You're like the fucking banana girl...

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I've cut my sugar intake by probably 75% for the last two weeks and I'm still fat. What's up with that?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Energy in vs energy out. It's easier said then done though, energy density of manufactured foods are so high.