How do you maintain food discipline?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What kind of meals are you making that far in advance?
While not the person you asked, I'll usually do a few different things in that style. Stuff like meat + lentils + veggies in a stew with brown rice. Some times on the stove, some times in the slow cooker. I also enjoy slow cooked meat (silverware recently) that I'll serve with coleslaw or salad. Over roast (such as chicken or turkey) and serve the same way. Good fridge life or freeze if you prefer.

americo dias

Likes Bikes
What kind of meals are you making that far in advance?
breakfast: mix of oats, coconut milk, almond milk, greek yoghurt, cocoa nibs, peanut butter and protein powder
lunches: usually a marinated chicken breast or some other protein with potatoes or other vegetable

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
I do my Aldi grocery shopping Sunday evening, buy my chicken fillets, frozen vegies, sweet potatoes, tunas, rice.
Cook chicken fillets and potatoes on the weber, boil frozen vegies - enough for 3 lunches at work.
So basically take 3 lunch containers to work monday morning. Other days I have tuna salad at work.
Thats lunch sorted out.
Breakfast is muelsi - i prepare it the night before, as muesli acts like a sponge, and soaks in the milk - tastes way better.
And dinner I have what the wife makes, but a tiny portion now coming into summer time.
As my body builder cousin once told me, the best way to lose body fat is to eat healthy during the day, and go to bed hungry.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Married to a vegetarian who is a pretty amazing cook and over time my diet has changed to the point where now I eat white/red meat about once every 2 weeks and I absolutely do not feel like I am missing out. I do eat a lot of fish when at work, but not when at home. I've found it is pretty easy to stay lean by avoiding all bread and cakes as well.

I have become more time poor the past year and consequently have taken up running as a supplement to road riding. I used to try and get in spinning on a bike as a form of HIIT, however now live adjacent to an amazing park that provides the perfect training ground for running and riding the road bike, a park containing some hills at a gradient of 14% and some spectacular views. It is very easy and enjoyable to roll out of bed and enjoy the serenity in the saddle or end the day with a run through the botanical gardens. If the weather is freezing, the treadmill is an option as well. The other great thing about running is that it is such a 'portable' sport, so long as I have my shoes with me I can run pretty much any where, either indoor or outdoor.

Last edited:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
White vinegar is for cleaning floors isn't ?

I don't believe in cutting out all sugar intake in diets but it seems to be a fad amongst a lot of people. Nothing better than a sugar fix after a 2hr ride to recoup some energy levels. Have a look at the amount of calories in some of those supermarket salad dressings.
Absolutely!. Nothing like finishing a huge ride and chugging a can of Satan's Mouthwash for instant energy replentishment!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't say I maintain discipline very well at all. Currently I reached the point of it being iffy if I can still fit into my clothes, so have had to take drastic measures of recording everything I eat. Lucky I’m able to sneak a few work commutes in now.

The whole “everything in moderation” just doesn’t work for me – need to completely cut things out since I’d either have zero of something or 20. Let’s seem how long this current period of being attentive and controlled lasts.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bedded down some good light eats last night in anticipation of a very busy week ahead. It's all there...just lock and load then go. Of course I started work at 5:30am today and a light yoghurt breakfast doesn't really carry you through to a 1:30pm lunch very well! Burnt my mouth real good on the fucking pie I ate and then my don't was a bit stale.

Slow cooked lean pork and salad for dinner. Though I might change this to a brown rice veggie pilaf topped with said lean pork. The I'll feel a little more in control...

Other issue is the fucking dishes!