How do you maintain food discipline?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
They are actually pretty good* - them being based on almond not soy makes a whole lot of difference (e.g. the vegan Drumsticks are soy based and weren't that great)

*I haven't had actual ice cream in a long time

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yet again my diets been turned on it’s head. I’ve an autoimmune disease called Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Essentially it means I need to avoid a huge list of histamine triggering foods. Doc is unsure if I’ll ever recover fully from a sensitivity POV. The last three years I’d been shovelling Spinach leaves and kefir milk down my throat. These are histamine release triggering foods and a solid no no. I’m now making everything from scratch. There is SFA I can buy outside the produce and meat section at the supermarket.

Plus side, I rode 64km on dirt last week. Three weeks ago I was bed bound.

The list of foods I can’t eat is a longer list then Poodles list of bikes he’s had stolen.

Dinner tonight:

Pan fried broccoli. Sweet corn. Caramelised red onion and cream sauce, with a pinch of GF flour, ontop a scotch fillet.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I have a fairly repetitive and strict food regime. But every now and then I just can't bring myself to stick to it. Last 2 days I couldn't be fucked to eat breakfast. Lunch was rather late in the day and convenience based. Dinner was good. I am normally rather robotic...How do you overcome the "meh" to good eating? Or is it ok to cut loose every now and then? Today was pretty epic when I caved...mid morning pie, 2:30 bacon eggs pork sausages and hash brown lunch...all while a delicious and healthy stew sits in my fridge.
If you normally eat well, it's possible your body is craving something. Salt? Carbs? B12? I always know when the hubs is magnesium deficient because he craves chocolate and will binge.

But sometimes you just need a day off. As long as it's not a weekly occurrence, i wouldn't worry too much.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That quote is rather out of date...but I'm in reasonable shape at the moment. More from working too much and barely any recreational activity.