How good is mud ridding

aussie

Division One
Whent to thredbo on friday and when i got there down came the rain but being the over prepaird person iam i had my wet wether gear so it was all good. I have to say the first run was sooooo shit and i was kind aover it but after the 2nd one i was loveing it. Some mud tyres would have been the go but the white tigers did me well and added to the fun with the bigest 2 wheel drifts all the way down the 7 min course. I hope the track is muddy for the NSW champs because it is so much fun and it real tests your skill because its like you have flat tyres all the way down. :p I know its not good for your bike but if you get the chance go out and do it.

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
hehe a few years back brookfield got washed out good and proper, was some awesome 2 wheel drifts to be had, replaced all my bearings the next day too :(

Mason

Likes Dirt
I rember when iwent mud tiding. I almost lost my bike, and it took forever to clean. It was behind a housing development. I sware, it looked dry!

lindsay

Likes Dirt
I can't believe you were allowed to ride in the wet. Usually they tell you to get lost as soon as it starts raining there.

Mud riding is heaps of fun, you can get some real big drifts happening.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
How do you guys feel about the effect it has on the trails?

I never ride during/after the rain, not only for the bike wear and tear and cleaning reasons some mentioned above, but because I've always felt it's hell on the trails. Creates ruts, furthers erosion, etc...