How long do warranty claims take?

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
Hi,
I dropped off my bike to the LBS (major brand) a week ago. The frame is cracked. They still haven't confirmed if this is something that will be covered under warranty. I understand that actually getting stuff replaced can take ages, but how long does it usually take for them to say if it will even be covered?

Thanks

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a front triangle replaced under warranty 12 months ago by the local rocky importer. From time I dropped it to the LBS to collecting the frame was approx. 3 weeks.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Hi,
I dropped off my bike to the LBS (major brand) a week ago. The frame is cracked. They still haven't confirmed if this is something that will be covered under warranty. I understand that actually getting stuff replaced can take ages, but how long does it usually take for them to say if it will even be covered?

Thanks
Cracked steerer for me. Rang them up, pretty much told me on the phone that should be covered, just get a quote to fix it

Dropped it in, got a quote within a few days, once that was with the insurers it was all done and dusted in a week. Start to finish can't have been more than 2-3 weeks.

So much less hassle than I expected. I was pretty happy with it overall.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi,

Thanks
I have claimed two frames with Giant and both took about 2 weeks to sort out. Both great results and giant was very generous with the replacements. Bike shop swapped over the components..
Had one claim with a boutique usa company, they were quick to assess and agree to a warranty but then took 3 months to send the frame which I had to rebuild myself..

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Massively depends on the brand and retailer.
I've had one very lovely but pretty mainstream brand take months to get their response and solution sorted.

Trek on the other hand took 24 hours from seeing the photos.

Focus were the same on a carbon hardtail. 24 / 48 hours.

Scott was one week.

I break frames.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
^This.. also depends of availability of the parts required... my brother waited over 6months for an Anthem frame, i got a Reign frame in 4 days...