How long does it take to get trading access?

I applied for trading access 5 days ago and have heard nothing? Does it mean my application was denied? I was thinking maybe there is a abundance of applications that they had to go thru but i doubt it. I thought i was pretty straight forward and ive made a few posts.
Spoze ill just wait and see, kinda wanna start trading soon!
CHUNKY

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Before your anus gets ripped to shreds by internet heroes, I'll give you one piece of advice which will make your internet experience oh so much easier and more enjoyable.

SEARCH.

smee

Squid
Yes the search, does produce good results, only some of it is conflicting.

One post mentions 5 post of good quality and not just one liners, whereas another states you must have 10 with similar qualifications.

I am in a similar boat, but will apply again, now having met the other criteria.

Oh happy trails.

indica

Serial flasher
I applied for trading access 5 days ago and have heard nothing? Does it mean my application was denied? I was thinking maybe there is a abundance of applications that they had to go thru but i doubt it. I thought i was pretty straight forward and ive made a few posts.
Spoze ill just wait and see, kinda wanna start trading soon!
CHUNKY
Try to re apply, if you can, you failed last time, if you cannot then it is still pending, or you have access, try posting in the trading section.

Last edited:
Ta guys yeh i'll give it another go if im able? It seemed to be pending on monday when i checked last.
I understand what your saying SMACK but im not really too worried about the fools that like to shoot ya down, ive had my arguements on MTBR and found it to be pointless. Now i just state what i believe and wear what im given, arguements in forums arent realworld and you know how it is, were all tough behind a gun!
I have to admit, Farkin doesnt seem as welcoming as other sites ive visted but its early days :)

rayza

Likes Dirt
your right chunk, farkin does seem to have an excess of point and shoot e-hero's (i'm not refering to anyone in particular here). but there are a few guys on this forum who are genuinely helpful, and actually post quality threads :D

Hey ta Rayza! Im still waiting for trade access and i must say "What a Farkin joke" seriously, i mean how lame is the system over here? So now ive been waiting 8days with nothing, not a comment. Communication Sux cause there is none.
My application for trading access is still pending, so what are ya spozed to do? Just Farkin wait? Who the Farks in charge here? maybe i can talk to them it seems theyve missed my application or something.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Well, of your 10 or so posts, there was one to say you were a 36 year old noob, one to say that you like metal, one to say that you don't like druggies and thieves, the one with your dad being in a wheelchair and two that said you liked your bike. Useful bike related posts wise there was one about Ti springs being fatter and heavier as they went up in poundage.

So, you haven't been here a hell of a long time, post wise you haven't added much useful and it may be that your trading access application was rejected on that basis.

There's a trading access system for a reason, so that it can be established that people are legitimate and not just throwing a few posts up to enable them to open an account and rip people off.

Hell, you started complaining well before the usual 7 day waiting period was expired.

Lurk a bit, read a bit, post a bit where you have experience and insight to offer and chill out. It'll come in time. You're 36, the mods do this stuff part time, not as a day job, by now in life you'd appreciate that not everything in the world happens pronto, especially when it's being done on a volunteer basis. Biggest fubar you can make if you want access is to throw a tantrum about it, then you'll just piss people off.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
yea im in the same boat i applied for trading access a while ago and have heard nothing:confused: and its not like i just joined up made a few dodgy postes and applied.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LOL.

Is 3 years long enough.

I bought this Anthem Advanced and it is still in the forsales. Wanted to post that it was sold to me, but alas do not have access.

Will await the verdict of the judges. That or just post crap on MTB-OZ.
PM the seller and get him to edit his post to say it's sold.

S.

ex offender
Sorry to keep your royal highnesses waiting for the services you paid so much money for - just processed 68 trading applications, most of which were denied. If you haven't got trading access as of now, you were denied.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Sorry to keep your royal highnesses waiting for the services you paid so much money for - just processed 68 trading applications, most of which were denied. If you haven't got trading access as of now, you were denied.
To me the whole trading access application & waiting game fiasco is a little silly - what does it achieve? If you don't want members posting crap in other members threads then let the OP delete & edit posts.

I have trading access myself and don't really use it much, (insert sarcastic mod comment and revocation of trading access here for daring to post an opinion), but I don't see the point of making it so hard to get. It seems more of a power trip than an actual practical way of running things.

S.

ex offender
To me the whole trading access application & waiting game fiasco is a little silly - what does it achieve? If you don't want members posting crap in other members threads then let the OP delete & edit posts.

I have trading access myself and don't really use it much, (insert sarcastic mod comment and revocation of trading access here for daring to post an opinion), but I don't see the point of making it so hard to get. It seems more of a power trip than an actual practical way of running things.
It's simple - we have standardised ad formats and trading protocols for a reason. This is simply a way of ensuring that anyone who wants to use this website for their own profit (ie selling their bike) is aware of these rules. It has a secondary benefit of being something of a stupidity filter, which helps reduce the amount of bad trades on the site. Sure we still get some, but keeping real dunderheads out, or at least reminding otherwise serious traders that we are serious about the trading etiquette on this site, can only be a good thing for the protection of the general trading public.

It's NOT "so hard to get" - this has been covered NUMEROUS times and I honestly think it's laughable to suggest there is any difficulty whatsoever in writing something like:

"Hi, I'd like trading access please. I have read and understood the rules, and I understand that I must use a template, only bump once every three days, and edit my thread titles to "sold" once an item is sold. Thanks."

How hard is that? It's two whole sentences typed into a text box. We don't disallow people from re-applying if their first application is denied (unless they specifically make it clear that they should not be allowed to trade here, which does happen now and then), in fact this helps us maintain the standards by making them realise that we're not going to just accept whatever crap. They keep applying until they get the point, read the extremely clear-cut rules, and actually get accepted.

Besides that, if you don't like our trading system, use eBay or whatever. This is a service provided by Farkin, and it is at Farkin's discretion whether or not you are allowed to trade here. Give us the idea that you understand the rules and you're welcome to buy/sell your gear here. Give us the idea that you're going to lower the standard of behaviour, then no you're not welcome. It's not difficult.

Last edited: