How much for a new frame/bike ?

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would try here. I was simply browsing the net looking at options for my next trail bike (probably just a frame and use mostly my existing parts - but browsing complete bikes as well). Not sure why, but 'Orange bikes' came to mind (I have seen the odd one or two on here over the years - never had the opportunity to ride one though) so I had a quick look at the Orange Bikes Australian web page. I am still in shock - check out there prices ! Do you know anyone that has any of the current models? https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/stage-5-factory/2020 This isn't their cheapest bike either - The XTR model is more expensive. Who would/could buy these? I really could get away with a 4" travel dually for what I do (mostly), as long as the Geometry was more trail focused. Gee wizz - I was thinking I might have to spend 2.5 / 3k to get a nice frame (I have been dreaming of Yetis lately). But it looks like 5 / 6k is what these type of bike frames are going for !? That's some serious coin.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If it is incorrect, they must lose a lot of Aussie business because of it. Certainly wildly overpriced on the website.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just buy a Rotorburn Trance for $1.5k + dropouts and spend the rest on a Camelbak...

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/banshee-spitfire-140mm-26-27.5-inch-frame
Need a small frame (sorry should have mentioned). Really want 29er 100mm min rear travel - to suit 100 /120mm fork - 390mm or shorter seat tube length - 585mm or longer TT - 67/68 HA - 430mm(ish) C/stays - steeper seat tube angle for climbing 74deg + - clearance for 2.4 rear tyre - short head tube (100mm or less). Threaded BB.. Fussy prick hey :)

moorey

call me Mia
Yep. Prices are wrong. Aaron from The Ride Cycles is your man.
Can’t think of his username on here.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Gee wizz - I was thinking I might have to spend 2.5 / 3k to get a nice frame (I have been dreaming of Yetis lately). But it looks like 5 / 6k is what these type of bike frames are going for !? That's some serious coin.
Where did you find Yetis on special?

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Na, no specials (I wish, I'd be all over one of those SB100 frames - not my perfect Geo - but dang close). They are included in the 5/6k part of my rant :-( .. :)

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can get a Commencal TR frame only for 2.5k. They are pretty much indestructible.
Cheers Bud, I will check these out. Do you know anyone who owns one? Your 'pretty much indestructible' comment sounds like you might?
Anyway I will do some research (reviews etc).. Thanks again :)
@r.ayres1 if you’re after about 150mm, and would consider complete, the Norco sight A1 2020 is light years ahead of anything in its price range.
Hey Moorey, A little too much bike for this old bloke these days. I am sure I would it would make me feel more confident tackling the Gnarlier trails - but in general (for me) I would be over-biked - I think? . I appreciate your input :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@r.ayres1 if you’re after about 150mm, and would consider complete, the Norco sight A1 2020 is light years ahead of anything in its price range.
^^^ This

#1 son is delivering junkmail like a madman to get a 2020 Sight, the old mug said he would match him $ for $... so he's going viral for a new FS in the new year.

Pretty schmick looking geo, parts aren't as good as the equivalent Canyon but I can buy from a LBS which is locally owned.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can get a Commencal TR frame only for 2.5k. They are pretty much indestructible.
Not bad at all - Looking at the Australian website - looks like they only have large frames in stock. Anywhere else they can be sourced? (chasing small size frame). Cheers :)

T-Rex

Template denier
Cheers Bud, I will check these out. Do you know anyone
Cheers Bud, I will check these out. Do you know anyone who owns one? Your 'pretty much indestructible' comment sounds like you might?
Maybe.....

Oh ok, full disclosure, Junior has been running a Meta TR this season in EWS and APAC Continental rounds, he’s not exactly easy on his equipment, and he has had no issues. Considering the TR is only supposed to be a trail bike, that makes it a pretty tough bike.

I’ll see the Commencal folks this weekend, I’ll ask about a small TR frame for you. BTW how tall are you?

moorey

call me Mia
^^^ This

#1 son is delivering junkmail like a madman to get a 2020 Sight, the old mug said he would match him $ for $... so he's going viral for a new FS in the new year.

Pretty schmick looking geo, parts aren't as good as the equivalent Canyon but I can buy from a LBS which is locally owned.
I reckon parts are better. Lyrik ultimate, deluxe shock, RSC brakes (if you like that sort of thing), e13/DT wheels, GX Eagle.
Canyon Alloy has low end pike, NX, T brakes.
Yes, it’s cheaper...but it’s also canyon.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I am comparing the Sight A3 and the Canyon Spectral AL 5.0, both entry level bikes with alu frames.

Have told him we can upgrade parts at a later date... he'll probably bust that shit before then anyway :rolleyes:

Folding ~12-18 leaflets into a bundle for 220 houses and delivering them with 6 runs is over 1000vm and 30kms, hes keen... and hopefully it makes him strive to work hard at school so money comes easier for less effort.