How much for a new frame/bike ?

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe.....

Oh ok, full disclosure, Junior has been running a Meta TR this season in EWS and APAC Continental rounds, he’s not exactly easy on his equipment, and he has had no issues. Considering the TR is only supposed to be a trail bike, that makes it a pretty tough bike.

I’ll see the Commencal folks this weekend, I’ll ask about a small TR frame for you. BTW how tall are you?
5'6"(166cm) Love (need) decent stand over if possible.

moorey

call me Mia
I am comparing the Sight A3 and the Canyon Spectral AL 5.0, both entry level bikes with alu frames.

Have told him we can upgrade parts at a later date... he'll probably bust that shit before then anyway :rolleyes:

Folding ~12-18 leaflets into a bundle for 220 houses and delivering them with 6 runs is over 1000vm and 30kms, hes keen... and hopefully it makes him strive to work hard at school so money comes easier for less effort.
Ah, fair enough. The upgrade game is an expensive method, but if it’s his only option, good on him.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
@r.ayres1 if you’re after about 150mm, and would consider complete, the Norco sight A1 2020 is light years ahead of anything in its price range.
Saying this as the owner of a 2019 commencal meta am 29.
If the new sight was out when I bought the commencal, I would have got the sight no hesitation.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ah, fair enough. The upgrade game is an expensive method, but if it’s his only option, good on him.
I'll take a closer look at specs when he's near his target.

The A3 to A2 jumps $1200 and if I get all fussy on the parts list... it will cost me the extra x 2 boys.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah ok was thinking if you were down this way we could organise a test ride
Not to worry, still wouldn't mind if you checked on the small frames though :) . Thanks anyway :)

if you live near a 99 bikes, go try a norco optic or sight.
Yes there is one about a 15 minute drive away - when you say try, do you mean a 'car park' try (do they let you do that?) or do they have demo bikes you can have for a trail ride? I honestly have know idea about that, your knowledge is appreciated. Cheers :)

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Not to worry, still wouldn't mind if you checked on the small frames though :) . Thanks anyway :)

Yes there is one about a 15 minute drive away - when you say try, do you mean a 'car park' try (do they let you do that?) or do they have demo bikes you can have for a trail ride? I honestly have know idea about that, your knowledge is appreciated. Cheers :)
I definitely know you can car park try, whether you can demo one I'm honestly not sure. Best to chat with them.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about this one?
I would love something different 'like this'. Sorry to say this frame is too big.. I did say I am chasing 'Small' sized frames' . I am a little flexible with travel and geometry etc. My current XC dually has a TT of 590mm (it's perfect for me) seat tube length is 390mm (I wish it was shorter). Thanks anyway :)

Frame length M (LITEVILLE 310 MK14)

Top tube length: 609,6 mm
Steering tube length: 120 mm
Seat tube length: 430 mm

T-Rex

Template denier
So apparently all the Commencal web sites are interconnected, if you can find the frame you want in any location they can ship it here. If not, LMK and we will take it from there

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers
So apparently all the Commencal web sites are interconnected, if you can find the frame you want in any location they can ship it here. If not, LMK and we will take it from there
Thanks mate, I will see what I can find :)