this is the best

im makeing my own djs and i dont have much space to work in

ill post some pics soon

do u no any ways to make the jumps fit in to small spaces

i also have some verry short trails at the same place

dillon22

Likes Dirt
dirt jumps

hey, that is a really good, imforming post there, thanks for all the information and tips, just one question, when you suggested taking shovels, tools and a wheel barrow and everything else, do you just leave it all there, or do you take it back and forth each time you go? And also how did you get the wheel barrow there in the first place? thanks heaps,
dillon

tools

personaly i would say once the trails r finished u take all your tools away and just leave a camping spade. because ppl will find them and change something and or they will get stolen where with a camping spade it is to small to do major things to the jumps bit it is good enough to get rid ov sand and dust

Last edited:

Chuteboxe

Likes Bikes
Angle of the dangle?

:confused:Is there a perfect angle to build up and down ramps on? or some kind of equasion envolving distance and angle of slope to work out that will give you good results? or is it all just trial and error?:confused: I just know when your building Kickers and ramps there is usaly some kind of maths involved to get the right angled slope. (I hate maths.) but I guess working with wood you can be much more accurate than with dirt?

azlex

Squid
great advice mate. thanks so much for that... i have just started building at a new spot but it does not have a decent water source. is it critical to have one? should i look for a new spot before continueing or keep building there anway?

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
great advice mate. thanks so much for that... i have just started building at a new spot but it does not have a decent water source. is it critical to have one? should i look for a new spot before continueing or keep building there anway?
It isn't necessary but it always helps, if the soil is rather moist and can compact easily it should be alright. Just give the spot your building at some time and see how it turns out, you may be able to pull it off without water. You never know.

Good Luck

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
Hey guys! Love the post.:D Just wondering... what would be a suitable distance to build doubles? :confused:I just started building some single jumps in my local area. So some idea or rough distance should be good.

Thanks alot

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate
just depends on the angle of the hill, how big or how far you wanna go or what not

personally i like going for a 2-3 m gap that boosts you high in the air great for tricks and very nice to pump aswell, the ur is normally 3-4 foot and the down ramps are a tiny bit bigger.

hope this helps

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
hey mate
just depends on the angle of the hill, how big or how far you wanna go or what not

personally i like going for a 2-3 m gap that boosts you high in the air great for tricks and very nice to pump aswell, the ur is normally 3-4 foot and the down ramps are a tiny bit bigger.

hope this helps
Thanks that helps alot :)

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
CHeers thats really handy for what i want to do.
But where im building it pretty much all clay.
Would the best option be to get some truck loads of dirt?