How to build DJ's

Does any1 hav any ideas f how to buil;d good dj,s With grey sand its relly hard and often falls apart it doesnt compact very well an ideas would b great
get some other dirt with a high clay content and mix it in here is the mixing ratio
100 of good clay dirt : 0 grey sand

unonumu

Likes Bikes
omg our dj r punie but urs r massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
:eek: learn to spell dumb ass. yeah well that's awesome work. this has been very helpful for me thanks.

Just one Question - how do i go about building dirt jumps on sand? I am finding it very hard.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just one Question - how do i go about building dirt jumps on sand? I am finding it very hard.
The easiest solution, is just don't.

Not very helpful I know, but don't even try, you're wasting your time.

Either get dirt delivered, and I mean a LOT, so you can build an entire new ground base of at least 6" dirt, and then your DJ's on top of that, or find a new area.
;)

crimrides

Likes Bikes
Around where i live all i see is unusable rainforest (denser than a pimp's resume) and sandy stuff thats shit for making jumps. Do you rekon that if i dig long enough ill find clay?

mtb_coop

Likes Bikes
thanks for the ideas i'll definately use them when I build.

One tool that you left out was a trowel. Were using it one our jumps to make nice touchups on the lips and its working great.:)

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
That was really comprehensive, Gluey

Enlighten me, we have this step down/hip thats built well, and it drains fine, but its too hard to get any speed.

What I was thinking was, build a berm that follows the short run-in, and then build a jump onto the lander, It would still be hipped but easier to do.

I'll post up some pics if thats confusing. Thanks

Liam07

Squid
Shit dude, thats Rad!

Thanks heaps champ, I have been looking for a good guide to jump building for ages.
You really did a great job on this champ.

Thanks haha ;)