How to How to GoPro.... Bible

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It makes really nice action footage but very selfie orientated. The 'me mode' kinda says it all.
Looks like a load of action camera manufacturers have jumped on the mid September bandwagon. Which can only be good for consumers as they will have to keep one-upping the competition or face releasing a flop.

ozzybmx

I paid $599 for my Hero 10 last year with the 1 year subscription and memory card included, just sold it on fakebook marketplace for $590 cash. They are still $749 in the shops.

Will wait and see how the GoPro vs DJI action 3 plays out in the next week or so.

Dolled it up as usual with a $22 Chi accessories kit and first to contact me bought it. No haggling. I had 7 other enquiries by the time I marked it sold.

So cost me $9 and a $22 accessory kit to own for the year. This has been the best swap-over so far as the price for the outgoing camera is still very high.

20220910_123235.jpg

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I paid $599 for my Hero 10 last year with the 1 year subscription and memory card included, just sold it on fakebook marketplace for $590 cash. They are still $749 in the shops.

Will wait and see how the GoPro vs DJI action 3 plays out in the next week or so.

Dolled it up as usual with a $22 Chi accessories kit and first to contact me bought it. No haggling. I had 7 other enquiries by the time I marked it sold.

So cost me $9 and a $22 accessory kit to own for the year. This has been the best swap-over so far as the price for the outgoing camera is still very high.

View attachment 392741
Hell, nicely done.

Minlak

custom titis

View attachment 392741
I was actually thinking of getting a 10 on the cheap as people should be selling them off but found people wanting $500 plus for them - gunna wait for the 11 now anyway

ozzybmx

Hell, nicely done.
I do it nearly every year, reckon I've had them all apart from the 2 and the 7 IIRC.

Not much of a upgrade this year, they have even said, if you have a 10, dont even think about upgrading. AND watch out for the DJI Action in 2 days time.

The only reason I decided to move mine quickly is just in case the DJI is better.

A shop somewhere in Spain put their stock out on the shelves so the spec has been leaked, most bloggers less than impressed.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested to see the new competition popping up.
After a little off, looks like I'll be in the market again soon lol.
Have been pretty happy with the 8 though.
Screenshot_20220912-175416_Gallery.jpg

ozzybmx

Interested to see the new competition popping up.

Have been pretty happy with the 8 though.
Both DJI and Hero 11 arrive tomorrow :oops:

The biggest jump in a while @Chriso_29er was the 9 to the 10. The GP2 processor turned the touch screen response to instant.

Also 4k 60fps looked fluid with the 10 rather than jumpy with the 9. Before the 10 I always shot in 30fps.

ozzybmx

Hmmm...

New sensor, gone from 4x3 to 8x7. Better low light video.
10 bit colour. Which some are saying is the most exciting feature.
4k x 120fps.
Comes with the enduro battery.
Hypersmooth 5.0 with the new 27mp resolution.

ddfgdfsg.jpg

ozzybmx

Can I just slap a set of Pit Vipers on my existing batteries?
Yeah I hear that also works... I've never had an issue with the regular batteries anyway but the 2 companies have a battery life competition hotting up so its good for the consumer.

ozzybmx

Leaky leaky !!!

The mini has 2 sets of tabs. It apparently does everything the new full size Hero 11 does but controlled by phone via bluetooth, no touch screen and supposedly a smaller battery.

And a subtle 5.3k 60fps on the info screen.

JMHGGBGB.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Leaky leaky !!!

The mini has 2 sets of tabs. It apparently does everything the new full size Hero 11 does but controlled by phone via bluetooth, no touch screen and supposedly a smaller battery.

And a subtle 5.3k 60fps on the info screen.

View attachment 392775
Those additional rear mounted tabs are a great idea. Should be easier for mounting to a chesty or whatnot.

I much prefer the overall concept of the Mini to the full Hero. But not plan to buy either, lol.

ozzybmx

Those additional rear mounted tabs are a great idea. Should be easier for mounting to a chesty or whatnot.

I much prefer the overall concept of the Mini to the full Hero. But not plan to buy either, lol.
Its a great idea but I like navigating with the touch screen. Chesty on the back, helmet on the bottom, the mini will sell really well.

I wont be buying anything till the reviews appear on the 15th.

The new DJI will hopefully have the mounting tabs rather than the outdated mounting frame.

Loam Foam Ranger has done a video about the Insta360, looks good for showing steepness but not really impressed by the 360 single footage. Even with HRD enabled, it looks choppy and bleaches the whites in direct light. Its also a very tall unit to be mounting anywhere.

Reckon I'm going to sit tight and work out which one I'll get this year.

ozzybmx

Premiere anyone ?

22:30 (rAdelaide time) tonight the premiere release of the GoPro Hero 11 goes live on YouTube.

22:35 Hero 11 mini.

22:40 Overview and demo vids.

ozzybmx

Well that lasted for 40 minutes of YouTube.

Apart from price and possibly really low light, the DJI Action 3 has fallen short of the new Hero11.

$50 more than last years and now charging $26 shipping.

Order placed !

huyjggdb.jpg

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just also bought a H11B to upgrade from the H9B. Was considering the mini given I practically never use the screen, but decided against it given the issues i've had in the past trying to get the damned thing to work with my phone.

10bit colour, better low light, better hypersmooth & superview at 4k res, with higher bitrate. Should be a good upgrade.

All the footage/audio i've seen from the Insta360 X3 looks garbage still. Shame.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Just also bought a H11B to upgrade from the H9B. Was considering the mini given I practically never use the screen, but decided against it given the issues i've had in the past trying to get the damned thing to work with my phone.

10bit colour, better low light, better hypersmooth & superview at 4k res, with higher bitrate. Should be a good upgrade.

All the footage/audio i've seen from the Insta360 X3 looks garbage still. Shame.
You'll notice a massive difference in touch screen response and camera speed. The GP2 processor in the Hero10 was a massive jump from the Hero9.

Foam Ranger tried to compare and give the Insta360 some creed but couldn't lie... settled for better audio on the 360.

Not only horizon levelling but horizon lock at 5.3k. The Osmo3 has still only got lock at 2.7k same as the Hero10. Horizon lock lets you rotate the camera 360° and keep the horizon level.

The other big deal is Hyperview, squashing down the 8x7 picture to 16x9 shows so much more trail ahead and handlebar/bike than superview.

Hypersmooth 5.0 has a boost mode that works smart, reducing the FOV when the camera is being shaken vigorously, increasing it on the smoother stuff.

The max bitrate is also went from 100Mbps to 120Mbps and the 10 bit colour takes the GoPro colour range from 16.7 million to 1 billion colours.

Sounds like it will be a lot better but we'll see.
Most are saying it's a big upgrade from Hero9 and below, Hero10 for the common backyard hack (me) they wouldn't bother.

Last edited: