How to How to GoPro.... Bible

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Im looking to buy a hero 7 black in the next few weeks. I dont really want to spend any more than $400. If nobody minds me breifly hijacking this thread is there any reason you would advise against the 7. I have a hero 4 but am keen to try the hypersmooth thingy. I am not/nor am i trying to be any type of youtube vlog star. I just like making obnoxious videos and sending them to friends who then feel obliged to watch them.
I've had every GoPro apart from the 4 and 7, but I did get a lend of a 7 for a day or two. The Hypersmooth was awesome... but I knew the 8 was close.

Hypersmooth 2.0 was slightly better on the 8 and the bitrate was better, also had better 4K recording + new other shit.... the mounting wings are awesome BTW.

The price of the Hero8 is now at $499, the new Hero9 will probably be $599

I sold my Hero8 yesterday for $400 NO OFFERS, I had a queue for it. Could have listed for maybe $450 and had the barter shit, quick and clean is better.

Pic of what they got for $400, I didnt use any of the accessories, also came wait a 64gb card. Camera was used 2-3 times
#fuckcovid #fuckbushfires

ozzybmx

Anyone else with a Fox proframe like to share diy mounting ideas they have used?
Double genuine 3M sticky foam and another strip up the middle to stick to the 'V' shaped peak area.

2 trips to Tassie and numerous other stuttle days with no issues... though I don't use it that often, the chesty is more my preferred way of shooting.

EDIT: There are numerous online mounts for fullface helmets, ninja mount springs to mind and there was a bloke 3D printing special contoured mounts for Proframes. The sticky foam did the job... pic is from 15mins ago, still there.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone else with a Fox proframe like to share diy mounting ideas they have used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genuine Gopro wrist mount works surprisingly well as a temp chin mount to test the concept.
Footage was awesome, just got to be careful about bumping it on the bars in certain situations.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
only 2 more days until some more official info on the GP9 here i was thinking the Audi Nines event was going to be tied in after that Brendog leak!

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooo I thought I was done with recording for a while buttt....... I think I am going to get the 9 now - there isn’t anything ground breaking to drag me back except newness and hyper smooth 3.0 could be cool

ozzybmx

GoPro 9 will be $700 on 17th :)
I can see the 16th announcement for tomorrow, cant see the release on the 17th ? They usually have a pre release on their website... maybe different in this very strange year.

EDIT: Have just seen a website with 17th as the release date. Usually JB's has something advertised and some of the camera shops have a pre-order, they are keeping it very quiet if it does happen on the 17th.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
I can see the 16th announcement for tomorrow, cant see the release on the 17th ? They usually have a pre release on their website... maybe different in this very strange year.

EDIT: Have just seen a website with 17th as the release date. Usually JB's has something advertised and some of the camera shops have a pre-order, they are keeping it very quiet if it does happen on the 17th.
I was surprised too as had heard nothing and appears to be no specials around the releases but yeah there is stock available at stores on 17th

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

16th Northern Hemi..... which means 17th for us down here.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I just called my local JB, they can be bought from tomorrow morning when the store opens. $699 is the damage on the RRP.

I thought they would come in a closer to the 8 and drop it’s price down.

ozzybmx

I just called my local JB, they can be bought from tomorrow morning when the store opens. $699 is the damage on the RRP.

I thought they would come in a closer to the 8 and drop it’s price down.
Hero 8 was $599 on release, so roughly 15% more expensive, which is the biggest price hike of any GoPro yet... tomorrow we'll know why the price hike has happened.
Unless someone does a full unboxing vid tonight with a camera borrowed from the waiting stock.

PS5 wont be long either, it will be an upgrade'y year.

ozzybmx

Wait till your boys discover the joys of PC gaming and want new laptops.
They don't spend a lot of time playing games, only silly shit with their mates... even dragged me into Fall Guys, must say, there a great feeling of pleasure grabbing a jelly bean man and pushing him off the side :p producing an angry little 6yr old who's swearing his ass and changing from lil PS4 dude to serial killer.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
They don't spend a lot of time playing games, only silly shit with their mates... even dragged me into Fall Guys, must say, there a great feeling of pleasure grabbing a jelly bean man and pushing him off the side :p producing an angry little 6yr old who's swearing his ass and changing from lil PS4 dude to serial killer.

Yessssss, start them young.

I foresee one of these (obviously the latest model) for the 13th birthday!
https://www2.razer.com/au-en/store/razer-blade-stealth-2019

ozzybmx

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Young ! thats an adult game where teenagers beat little kids (and 47yr old blokes) They are both 14 right now, they are the same age each year for 2 months, oldest one turns 15 next week.

More interested in their phones... its like their extension of their friggin hands.
I read that as he was 6 ahaha.

razer do phones too......

Or they’ll discover drifting when they hit 17 and goodluck with that shit.