How to psych your kids up for a ride

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
For a change tonight's family dinner TV watching was You Tube videos of Danny Macaskill, after the third one the cry goes up from my six year old "Daddy can we go to the bike track behind the new Hornsby pool tomorrow?"
Oh yeah I go, so if you're at OMV tomorrow afternoon and see a 40ish bloke chasing two kids on bikes around the lower tracks say hello I'll be the one with the stupid big grin....

Hope you all enjoy your bike rides this weekend

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went for a roll in glenrock last weekend. Sad faces as I left home, had to promise I would take them out this weekend. What a pity :)

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I went for a roll in glenrock last weekend. Sad faces as I left home, had to promise I would take them out this weekend. What a pity :)
Haha - that ll be me at glenrock this morning - go pick up the car from the beach and take 13 yr old for a spin around glenrock

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I think you mean psych!

Only one child in the house here, a pessimistic, lazy 14 year old that doesn't want to do anything but sit on the computer.

We force him out and he hates it for the first 20-30 minutes, then starts getting into it.
Never taken him on trails though, just bike paths.

Baby steps. ;)

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Day off for school holidays it was an easy call. My 7 year old would go to the 4x/bmx tracks of he took me for ice cream at cold rock afterwards

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had people who don't even ride show me Danny Macaskill videos. He really is an amazing athlete.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Sorry about the spelling mistake

We all went for a ride on Sunday morning 10ish including the 14 month on his trike. Boys had a good ride around but the heat got to them pretty quickly. My 8yr old set a PB for distance ridden back up the fire trail and the 6yr now wants a bike with gears.

Trying to talk them into riding at Jubes this afternoon but can't see it happening, oh well at least we got out and they had fun.