How to purge LPG bottles of all the gas

gregp

Likes Dirt
I have 2x 9L LPG gas bottles sitting in the garage, both about half full. Haven’t used them for over a year and I’m worried one day when I flick the light switch on there will be a big boom and all my bling bike parts will litter the neighbourhood. How do I purge them of all the gas? Tried burning it with my cast iron burner but it takes forever.

LPG.jpg

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Highly illegal to purge to the atmosphere. Don't you have a BBQ? Or gas hot water? Or a friend with either.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Get a couple of weather balloons and some helium. Fill one balloon with helium, and tie it to the other one, then fill that one with LPG. Tie a good long wick to the LPG ballon, let the whole lot go, and when they're nice and high up and away from you, light the fuse and wait for your little light show.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Why do you care how long it takes? Not like you have to stand by and watch it burn.

Optic

Likes Dirt
As a plumber, I wouldn't be storing any bottles of gas inside anywhere without being in a cylinder compartment with ventilation to the outside. Secondly I'm sure there's places that will take your bottles for free and despose if them for you. Don't vent them to atmosphere.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
Put on verge with free half full sign. Will disappear faster than you could vent it anyway.

---------------
Sent from my iFoam